"Hm." I took it from his and went into the bathroom to get cleaned up.

After I got out the shower, I realized I had no other clothes.

So I opened the curtain to call August when I saw a pile of clothes on the counter.

After drying up, I took a look at the clothes.  Boxer briefs, a large white tee and sweatpants.

They were all too big, but they were comfortable.

When I left the bathroom, my clothes were folded on the foot of the bed and made my way out of the room.

I went down some steps and was greeted with the site of August, taking bacon out of the fridge.

"Hungry?" He asked.

I pursed my lips and nodded. "I usually eat... fruit for breakfast..." I lied, resting a hand on my stomach for a quick second.

"With an ass like that? Stop lying." He chuckled.

Rolling my eyes, I sat down and watched him continue cooking. "So, what's up with your friend Grace?"

I frowned. "What about her?"

"She kinda... loose."

"Don't talk about my friend like you know her. If that's all, I should go." I mumbled, standing up.

Ok, Grace is the promiscuous type, but that's none of his business as long he's not fucking her.

His arm latched onto my wrist and he pulled me into a hug. "Nah, I'm sorry, ma. I ain't mean to hurt ya feelings."

"Mm, ok. But hurry up and cook. I have work in a few."

He gave me a dimpled smile, which I couldn't help but return as I sat back in my seat.

"So. Tell me about yourself." August said.

"Ain't much to tell."

He chuckled, placing a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me.

"I'll see about that." He came close to my face and smiled, hard.

****

After breakfast at August's, he gave me a lift home, to get ready for work.

When I arrived at my door, there was a piece of paper taped to it.

Pulling it off, I started to read it, praying to god that it wasn't an eviction notice.

Luckily, it wasn't.

I'm behind on rent, and they want it by the end of the month.

No more holding out for me, I guess.

I decided on black pair of yoga pants and yellow t-shirt that had the word 'Slay' in bold print on the chest.

I pulled my hair into a messy bun after checking myself in the mirror.

After sliding on some slippers, I grabbed my purse along with my keys and was out the door, and soon on my way to the nail salon, Crystal Nails.

Once inside, I was greeted with the strong smell of acetone and acrylic powder.

I clocked in and sat at my table, saying a brief hello to the customers waiting, and telling them that I'll take who's next.

"Oh, I am!" A tall chocolate skinned girl with 2 long cane rows, came and sat at my table.

"So, what am I doing for you?" I asked.