No.1

Ophelia Savannah Grey

I'm just your average girl from London, England who worked hard to earn the money to move to New York. Seeing New York has been my dream since I can remember but I never thought I would get the chance to live there.

Today is finally the day I get to travel on the plane for 10 hours to get all the way to NYC. I have been waiting since I saved enough money for a flat in my last year of high school, which by the way was July last year. It is now the summer of the year I turn 18 and I'm finally flying out to America.

I woke up at 5 am to drive to the airport, which I didn't live very far from. My flight was at 7 am but I had to be there early. I got dressed in a black flowy top with some blue mom jeans and a flannel shirt tied around my waist. My hair was left in its natural state.

Once I got on the plane I couldn't help but notice a boy sitting next to me who looked oddly familiar. The boy had longish blonde hair and hazel eyes. By his side sat a very pretty girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Hi, I'm sorry to bother you and I know this sounds weird but you look very familiar, have I met you before or are you famous or something?" I regret saying that sentence as soon as it left my mouth.
"Oh it's okay, I don't think we've ever met but you might know me from a Disney show I was on a few years ago?" He smiled at me while he said it. It immediately clicked in my mind, it's Dylan Sprouse, Zack from Zack and Cody.

"Oh, you're Dylan Sprouse, now I know where I know you from. Sorry, I'm Ophelia Grey but please call me Phee" I smiled trying not to Fangirl in front of my childhood idol.

"Well nice to meet you Phee, this is my girlfriend, Dayna Fraser " he pointed to the beautiful girl sat beside him. We both exchanged a hello.

"So Phee, do you live in New York or are you just visiting ?" Dayna asked with a small smile.

"Actually, yes, I'm moving there, well as soon as we get there I guess."

"Dayna and I also live there, do you live in New York City?" I told them which part of New York I'll be living in then excused myself from the conversation as I needed some sleep, badly. I hadn't slept all night from excitement.

One thing I was wondering is if I'd ever speak to the couple after today. They really were a lovely couple and I would be honoured if I could befriend them.

All I could think about as I was trying to fall asleep was, will I get lost in this huge city?

I guess I eventually did fall asleep since I was awoken by a feminine voice calling my name.

"Phee, PHEE, Ophelia, wake up," Dayna informed me that it the plane was landing. How did I fall asleep for the whole 10-hour flight? I know I was tired but I didn't think I was that tired.

I walk out of the plane with Dayna and Dylan by my side. We were discussing what they do to earn a living, Dylan works at a restaurant but designs video games in his spare time and Dayna works as an intern at a law firm. I also found out that she is an aspiring artist and model.

"I'm sorry this is totally off subject, but do you know where this is? It's the address of my flat and me being the brainless person I am, I didn't look up the directions while I had wifi." Which was half true, but I did look up the directions I just forgot where I had to go and I didn't have any money for a taxi yet.

"Your "flat" is in the same building as ours, it's next door actually. Oh, and us American folk call it an apartment not a flat." She giggled putting quote marks around the word flat, I'll have to get used to this American speech.

"If you would like you can come in the car with us, and we are having dinner at our house soon, care to join?" I nodded and thanked them for the offer, as I mentioned before they are a lovely couple, so kind and sweet, both of them.

Authors notes
This is my first book ever, I am so sorry if it sucks. Also, this book is not in any way, shape or form accurate or realistic.
A/N) I have no clue why when I wrote this I made them sound so formal. Also, the grammar is sooo bad so I'm vv sorry