Chapter 8 - Let the Games Begin

Start from the beginning

               He leaned back, nodding. "I'll take your word on that, Lucy Heartfilia," and he was out in the cafe in a flash, Lissa following closely behind him. Lucy could breathe again. 

               Nothing whistled as she sat back down. "You really following through with that? I couldn't handle a day of no blood on my hands. I tried that once and I nearly killed myself." He contemplated for a minute. "I'm like a crazy drug addict."

                Lucy laughed, a quiet and seemingly innocent one. "Of course not, but it's what he wanted to hear. I won't kill anyone from Fairy Tail, yet and I will not kill anyone participating in the Games. Other than that, I'm home free." She downed the coffee and returned the empty dishes to the cashier, who took them with shaking hands. "Hey."

                The girl froze, looking up at Lucy with frightened eyes. "Where's the closest weapons shop? For mages?" The girl blinked in confusion and took a minute to think.

                "Around the corner from here," she finally said and she caustiously took a step back when Lucy smiled, the corners of her lips rising so high the cashier probably thought she might eat her.

               "Thank you, sweetheart," and with a twirl of her heel Lucy, Ruby and Nothing were running out of the cafe and down the street, ready to get new tools. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                "Welcome everyone!" The announcer screamed, the audience covering their ears by his loud, booming voice that radiated through the arena. "It is the X792 Grand Magic Games and the participants have just entered in the back. We are here today to announce the remaining guilds!"

               The audience screamed in anticipation while Fairy Tail couldn't stop shaking with nerves. Mavis Vermillion stood beside Master Makarov on the balcony, watching the revelation go down. She bit her nails in frustration as the guild in last place entered first. Of course, there were five, all men and they slugged into the dusty arena in defeat.

             "Coming in last place, a new guild this year, Siren Mouth!" Behind her, Mavis heard someone laugh, most likely Cana by the hiccup that came in the end. "In seventh place, from last year's Games, we have Quatro Cerberus!" Another guild with only males and it made Mavis frown, two of them competed last year but the other three were entirely new.

             The announcer wiped his forehead with a handkerchief, going through each member slowly. "Coming in sixth place, another new guild with all females, here is Diamond Rouge!" A group of girls ran into the arena, jumping up and down in excitement, which made the men in the audience scream with joy. 

             Beside her, Mavis heard Makarov giggle as the girls breasts seemed to bounce in the glory as well. She face palmed, running a hand through her blonde hair as the names were called out one by one, but she didn't listen. Instead, Mavis was busy blocking off the boys' gasps for breaths as some of them even forgot to breathe. 

           "Lovely ladies, aren't they?" The announcer said, clearly famished. "In fifth place we have another guild from last year, Lamia Scale!" Mavis leaned forward as familiar faces entered the arena. 

           Sherria Blendy didn't look different from the break, her pink pigtails with yellow ribbon still her usualy hairstyle. Lyon Vastia seemed miserable to be participating again, stuffing his hands in his pockets and Yuka Suzuki didn't even think about shaving his eyebrows. Toby Horhorta, with his dog face, was smiling beside Sherria. A new face walked beside Lyon, a young girl a bit older than the pinkette.