Dark Side (Heather)

My platinum blonde hair whipped behind me as I ran through the woods. Gasping for air, I had to stop. My lungs burned. They were getting close... to close for me to feel safe where I stood taking a rest. I could hear the German Shepherds barking. "Where is she!" Voices yelled.

The dogs scampered to their feet as the owners rushed them on, chasing after my scent. Their was two dogs per owner. They came at me like a stampede of wildebeest. It took the rest of my energy to turn. I collapsed at the base of a tree, no longer able to fight the urge to stand.

"Excuse me!" A girl called to the officers. They stopped and calmed the dogs as they approached her. "Why are you out here?" The tall one asked. The girl pointed at a rustic looking building behind her. "That's why." She answered."I live here with my parents, however, you still haven't answered my question." The female crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot impatiently.

"We apologize ma'am, but were looking for this woman." The police men took out a picture of me. "Her name is Kitty Conrad. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. Have you seen her?"

The girl shakes her head. "No. Sorry. I've been outside all day. No ones been here. I would've heard them. What's she charged for anyhow?" She shrugs as if it were a casual question to ask.

I was starting to let go. I couldn't stay invisible forever. It does take energy.

The men stood there, glancing at each other, unsure to tell her or not. Finally one if the officers with gray, demon eyes and black hair speaks up. "Murder. Of the first degree."

I feel a warm liquid trickle down my check. I press my index finger to it. Blood. Most likely a cut from a branch that was sticking out and scratched me.

The girl put a hand over her mouth and shook her head as if in astonishment. "I can't believe it!" She breaths, shaking her head again and looking down. "But as I told you, she's not here. I suggest you stop looking and leave."

They nod their heads in agreement. "Thank you for your cooperation miss. Have a good day." They say as they turn to leave.

As soon as the  officers were gone and I can no longer hear their footsteps crunching on leaves I let go. The girl that was just chatting with the police rushes over to me. "Thanks Fluer." I somehow manage to mutter. She picks me up as gently as she can and takes me inside, her matching colored hair tickling my face. "You're welcome." Fleur replies.

***********

"Fleur!" I call as loudly as my hoarse voice will allow me to as I awake, slightly dazed still. My voice echos through out the house. "Fleur!" i call once more.

She creeks the door open, peeking in. Her finger covers her mouth telling me ti shush and then points to her phone. A few seconds pass before she hangs up. "Sorry. I was on the phone. A guy, Atticus, is coming. I'm sorry I couldn't stop him." She apologizes as she sets herself on a corner of the her mattress I was sleeping on.

I nod in understatement. Even I know that things don't always go as flawlessly as you hope.

"We're dying." I tell Fleur. That statement may not effect her but her green eyes peered into my blue ones with as much alarm as I felt. "W-Why?" She stutters. I prop myself up and lean against the purple silk headboard. "I..I don't really know...While I was on my way here I saw Dominic. All of the sudden, he just started coughing up blood and then he collapsed. I checked for any vital signs but their weren't any. I don't know how or why this is happening but he told me its happening to the other Blenders as well... Bea....She also died." 

Fluer shook her head in sadness. "The police Kitty, they said you murdered someone. Was it you or was it Viv?" She asked. 

I nodd and try to swallow the lump in my throat.  "It's okay Kit, they don't know about you like I do."