fast : 4

Putting an idea together in my head, I knew exactly what to do. So, I grabbed my bag from the corner of the room, stuffing random things in it. Just in case something went wrong, I'd run. Clothes, some food, and extra ammo. And a first aid kit, because you never know. I still had my gun and knife in my belt, perfect.

Unlatching the window as quietly as I could, I cut the screen open with my knife as well. My window faces the back of the camp- so no one saw.

If I took my backpack off, I'd be able to fit through the window just barely. So I threw my bag out the window, and started to wriggle through the small opening as quietly as I could. My hips got stuck for a moment, but with one last push, I dropped to the ground, flat on my face. Luckily, it was only about a 3 foot drop.

Finally, I was out of the trailer. Now, I just had to sneak around the camp. I'd go in the woods directly behind the camp, and then just curve around, so no one would be able to see me. Then, I'd take the rest of the way on the normal path.

I picked up my slightly heavy small blue backpack, and padded into the woods.

<>

After the long walk, which took about 45 minutes, I find the regular path to the compound. Now, I had to think of a way to get Rodriguez, Will, and Ty to leave.

A ton of groans erupted from the left of me. I looked over, seeing about 70 walkers. Well, there's my excuse. If I can get away from it first.

I began to sprint as fast as I could to the compound, the walkers getting farther and farther away. Reaching the compound, I only see Ty, the scrawny 16 year old boy. "Ty!" I whisper-yell, getting his attention. "It's a horde!"

"Get inside!" He says, pushing me inside the compound. Not in the room; but inside the compound. I see the door to the room, though.

5-23-8. The lock clicks open just as I hear screams from outside. I rip the lock off the door, kicking it open. The people inside look startles; I count 11 of them.

Running inside, I take the knife out of my pocket. I begin to cut all their ropes, as fast as humanely possible. When I get off red's, the last person, I am pushed against the wall with his hand around my neck.

     "Abraham! Get off of her!" Yells yells leader. I gasp for air, trying to pry his hands off. He looks at leader, before taking his hands off. I cough, before choking out the words, "C'mon I'm trying to get you guys outta here." I lead them outside the room, and to a big bin of  where my dad put their old weapons.

     "Take your pick. There's ammo on that shelf. C'mon, you gotta move fast, or none of you are getting out of here." I say, still coughing a little bit. The leader nods his head, taking one of the bags laying on the ground and putting in all the ammo and guns he can fit, letting everyone have a gun, except for two people, who grab a katana and crossbow. The guy with the crossbow is barely standing up, and I see the gunshot wound in the side of his stomach. So they have two injured people in this group.

     "You got everything?" I ask. "Yeah." Says the leader in his gruffy voice. I nod, bringing them to a flight of stairs. They all climb up, including me, the last one to go.

     When you reach the top of the stairs, which is 4 or 5 flights, there is a door that leads out to the roof. I turn to the group. "Look, I don't have the key, but the door is weak. One of you could kick it open, I bet." I explain, we turning to the door that was almost off its hinges. Red steps up, kicking the door straight out.

     We run out on to the roof, and I stop them for a moment. "There's a horde of walkers down there, but with a group this big, plus me on the roof as backup, you can take 'em out. There's a ladder that goes two thirds of the way down but you'll have to jump the rest of the way, which will only be 15 feet by then. And you gotta go fast, my dad'll be here soon. By the way,I apologize for him. Now go." I say quickly. The leader puts a hand on my shoulder.

     "What about you?" Asks the Korean man, who is helping to support the pregnant lady, along with another woman. I shake my head. "I can deal with him, I've dealt with him for 15 years. But you guys can't, so go." They all look at me, before I push the leader away. "Go. You have to go now. Or you'll die." I practically yell the end.

     The Asian man and the leader look at each other, then back at me. "Come with us." He says. I look at the group, seeing everybody with a not only scared, but desperate and worried look in their eyes.

     "Fine." I huff, but begin to push them towards the edge of the building. "But go. My dads coming. I'll be right after you. I'll cover you." I take my gun out of its holster, showing them I have a full round. "I'm a good shot, I can cover you. And anyways, if my dad comes and I'm the only one left on the building- he won't hurt me. I know him." I said, this time with a desperate tone in my voice.

     The leader agreed, helping people climb down the building. Everybody was down the ladder, except for me. I start to climb down the ladder swiftly, and I hear a truck. I jump down the rest of the way, panicking. "Go, go!" I whisper-yell. More than half of them are already on the ground, fighting off the rotting corpses. If they didn't leave soon, they'd have to fight off my dad, too.

     We had to go. And fast.

<>
(word count: 1058.)

WHATS GONNA HAPPEN OH NO. I already know,.. But you don't .... Muahahahah. So did you like it? Remember... I love feedback!! Vote, comment, be active readers. So yeah. And if you haven't already, go check out mah other books, traitor and monsters. Tell me your uou ion on the chapter! Thanks ! ILY, baiiiii!

-Bry (Bree) ❤️