iii.

Masie had a house phone in her bedroom, since her house was extremely old and her mother hadn't taken it out

Masie had a house phone in her bedroom, since her house was extremely old and her mother hadn't taken it out. It was the perfect way to sneak calls, since Masie claimed it was "broken".

In reality, she spoke in it now.

"Isn't she still with you?" She asked into the phone, her voice low.

"Yeah she's asleep upstairs." Kieran answered on the other side. "The little bitch still thinks I'm cuddling with her."

Masie shook her head, even though she knew he couldn't see her. "What about Jake?"

"What about him? He's history." He replied.

"I had nothing against Jake," Masie said into the phone. "It's Emma."

"It'll all lead up to her." Kieran stated. "I'm going to sleep, I think she's waking up."

"Okay."

Kieran ended it, leaving Masie listening to the beeping of an ended call.

•••

"Masie!" Audrey called, waving. She stood next to Noah and Brooke, and now Masie.

"Hey guys, where's Emma?" She asked, turning to the other three.

"She should be here; where's Jake?" asked Noah.

"Wrong question." Brooke said, rolling her eyes.

Emma showed up, which caused the group to immediately compliment her and smile.

"Enough of the eggshells, let's go." Emma replied.

The group started to make their way to Psychology, but Masie had Calculus with Kieran.

"See you next hour!" Masie waved, and the rest of the group waved back and left up the stairs.

She turned the corner and met with Kieran.

"Problem." Kieran whispered as they walked together.

"What?" Masie asked, they turned another corner.

"My cousin and aunt are in town, staying with me." He whispered. "My aunt was supposed to be checking on me anyway, glad she wasn't, but now she is staying for a while. My cousin Eli is a little shit who could tell everyone about my, um our, activities."

"How would he know?"

"He just knows, I don't know. I'm telling you, he can reveal us to all of them." Kieran still stayed in a whisper.

"So, this is what we do." Masie stopped, making him stop. "We trick everyone into thinking he's the crazy one if he shows up in the group, especially to Emma. We can trick their minds into thinking that he is the murderer, plant everything on him. They'll never believe him. They'll believe you: the boyfriend, and me: the best friend."

"You're smart." Kieran said. "Very smart, Masie Moore."

"I know."

Attachment ∞ Eli HudsonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara