O7

Kraton eyed the woman in front of him. Alas, they were face-to-face. He hung onto her every word, as they fell out of her mouth like shooting stars gliding across the sky. Her skin had a golden tint thanks to the sun that was soon to set. He couldn't help but feel a feeling of joy surge through his body. 

Kraton knew she was the one. She was the love of his life. Dea was the one who would rescue him when the nights got too dark. He knew Dea would be there to guide him, as he works through the trial and tribulations of life. He also knew that it would be vice-versa. Kraton wanted to be the shoulder Dea leaned on when carrying the world on her own shoulders got too tiring. 

His mind flooded with images of a promising future with Dea. He couldn't wait to grow old, he couldn't wait to help aid her in raising his kin. He found who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. And he wanted the rest of his life to start as soon as possible.

Dea's eyes met his. She allowed a small smile to creep onto her face, before she turned her head away from Kraton. He chuckled. "I love you, Dea." Dea abruptly turned her head, her eyes were widened, "I'm sorry?" 

Kraton closed the gap between the two. He took Dea's hand into his, giving her no choice but to meet his gaze. "I love you, and I want to give you the world. Leave Makutu behind! You could move in with me!" Kraton said excitedly. Dea remained speechless, causing Kraton to continue his rant. "My love, you could have anything your heart desires. Anything your mind could fathom; anything your hand may touch - it'd be yours." 

Dea sighed, and looked away from him. Kraton's body washed over with a wave of horror. Could there be a possibility Dea didn't see the same future he sought out? "What would the village think? I'm nobody! I- I'm not even a witch, Kraton. What good could I do to you?" Dea said, trying to put reasoning into his head. Kraton's face softened, and it turned into one full of sympathy. 

"Is that what Makutu put into your head? That'd you'd be no good without her? That you're nothing?" He said softly. Dea wanted to scoff, yet she kept her composure. "Makutu needs me. You don't understand how a world of loneliness feels. Imagine how she feels! The whole village has left her to exile, Kraton. She's been singled out, Makutu is desperately alone."

Kraton rolled his eyes, he seemed to be getting frustrated with the topic of Makutu. "She's a grown woman, not a child. Are you forever going to put your life on hold for her? What has she done for you?" Makutu felt the need to get defensive for herself. "She gave me a place to stay! She fed me, clothed me, she took me in when no one else would." Dea said harshly.

Kraton still couldn't understand why Makutu had such a hold on Dea. Perhaps she was under a spell? Kraton wouldn't put it past Makutu. "You never told me about your past." Kraton said, in desperate need to change the subject. Dea's eyes widened in surprise, Makutu hadn't thought of a backstory for Dea. She never thought she'd get this far. "That's because it isn't important." She said while waving her hand, as if to dismiss the thought. "I've told you my story." Dea scoffed, "Yes, the story everyone in the kingdom knows all too well." 

He nodded, and took a sip of his wine. Dea took that as a sign of him dropping the topic. "I won't judge you." Dea rolled her eyes, she suddenly felt sick of Kraton. "We're cut from different fabrics, Kraton. It's as simple as that." He let out a loud laugh, and clutched his sides as if Dea had told the joke of a lifetime. Dea patiently waited for the man in front of her to settle down. "My mother tried to kill me, she dangled me off of a bridge. The same village she was trying to protect by killing me, killed her." Dea nodded, "I never said your childhood wasn't traumatic. I said we were cut from different cloths. Despite what happened to you, you grew up to be king, you live this fancy lifestyle and you have more than enough money to ignore your problems. "