I giggled, “Mrs. Thomas! Hello, ma’am. Is Kyle around?” My eyes darted to the boy of our conversation, who was sneaking up behind his mother.

            “Kyle, if you have a brain you will not jump up and attempt to scare me. I saw you in the reflection of the glass of the screen door. You are not a ninja,” Mrs. Thomas spoke coolly, all the while looking at me. “Now, your friend is here to see you. Do you wish for me to invite her in or do you want me to be rude and close the door in her beautiful face?” I giggled once more, and Kyle made his way to his mother’s side groaning.

            “I don’t know if I want this monstrous being in my house again, last time she ate all of my Twinkies,” Kyle huffed, crossing his arms across his chest,

            I sighed halfheartedly, “Okay, Kyle. I guess that I shouldn’t bother inviting you over next time we have homemade cookies and brownies.” I smiled at him enticingly, knowing that my homemade desserts would make him take back his words.

            Before I knew what was happening, he attacked me in a hug, “Oh, Auden, I love you so much! Oh, and your cookies too. Want to come inside? I’ve got extra Twinkies!”

            “Kyle, you’re such a fool,” Mrs. Thomas said, chuckling to herself and walking away. I grinned as Kyle led me inside and up to his bedroom.

            “So what brings you here on this fine evening, Ms. Rush?” Kyle wondered, sitting in his computer chair as I sat on his bed. His bed sheets were an ugly shade of grey, and I missed his Power Ranger ones.

            I shrugged, “I don’t know. Just thought I’d meander my way over here and see my best friend! Soccer practice was a drag. Coach made us run four miles before getting us on the field, and I was ultra distracted.”

            “Hmm. Want a Twinkie?” Kyle asked, reaching into his computer desk drawer. I nodded my head hastily, quickly catching the pastry and opening the package. Twinkies were definitely my weakness.

            “Thanks Kyle!” I said with a mouthful of cream. I felt around his sheets with my hands. “You know? I really miss your Power Ranger sheets. They were awesome."

            He burst out laughing, “They were so childish!”

            “Is that why you still have posters of them on your walls?” I replied, smirking and motioning towards the said posters hanging on his walls. “You seem to have a keen interest in the pink Power Ranger.”

            “Shut up,” he muttered his face warming.

            I laughed, “Aw, sugarplum, don’t be mad. I was kidding.” His faced warm even more when I used the nickname his mother always used for him when he was upset.

            Kyle turned around and started to click around on his computer. I picked up one of his comic books that were in paper protectors. “Hey, can I read Green Lantern? Do you have a mock-copy? I don’t want to ruin your future fortunes.” I smirked, placing the comic book back down onto his big stack. He had real copies that were in mint condition, and he had what he called ‘mock-copies’ which were used copies that wouldn’t make any money in the future. I thought it was pretty smart; especially since comic book stores were going out of business because of the Internet.

            “Sure,” he responded, spinning in his chair and opening another desk drawer. He searched for a minute before pulling out a ratty Green Lantern comic book. “Here.” Kyle tossed me the comic book, and then closed out of whatever he was doing on the computer to come sit by me. “What’s up with your weird obsession with Green Lantern?”