Headache (Science Fiction/Fantasy/Teen Fiction)

On a normal weekend, I noticed a moving van across the street from me. When I went outside to get the mail, I saw that a new family was moving in. Curious, I wander over to see what's going on, when I spot a boy/girl about the same age as me sitting stoically on the porch. I introduce myself but they seem...strange. I offer a handshake, but when they take my hand, they hold on a little too long, and stare a little too deeply into my eyes. A sudden look of shock comes across their face and they drop my hand, making an obvious excuse to leave.

That was...weird.

The next day started out with a terrible pain in my temples. I tried to ignore it, took some ibuprofen, and went to school. But, throughout the day, the pain only got worse. The throbbing turned to ringing in my ears. The ringing got louder and louder. I couldn't focus on my classes, my friends asked me if I was ok. And that strange new neighbor of mine...they seemed to be watching closely around every corner.

Finally, at lunch, I couldn't take it any longer. I ran off of campus and into the forest behind the gym, clutching my head. I collapsed to the ground in a blind daze, screaming in pain.

Make it stop...make it stop...

Suddenly, a tree explodes. Just blows up into a million splinters right in front of me. I stare for a moment, in shock. I focus on another tree. My mind is clear now, and my entire being is concentrated on that one tree, like a laser. Then... BOOM!

Did I really make the tree explode with my mind?

And does this have anything to do with the new boy/girl that moved in across the street from me?