Chapter Sixty Three: Two to Tango

**

I've never been at such odds with my wardrobe.

My clothes gaze back at me, taunting me with the fact that no matter what outfit I pick, one will always be better than the other, and because of this, I will be prompted to start all over again and choose a new selection.

It's currently a warm Monday afternoon, and I have two hours to get ready and make it over to Sebastian's house for dinner. Beverly Hills isn't too far of a drive from where I live, but I'm certain that indecisiveness will be the reason for my tardiness, not traffic.

Pedro trots into my room with his chew toy between his teeth, only to jump on my bed to devour it.

"Pedro!" I yell at him. "Down!"

He complies, but I know in ten minutes he'll try to jump up on my mattress again. Ever since Sebastian was here, Pedro has been under the impression that he's suddenly allowed on top of my bed. I guess Sebastian's influence still lingers around for both of us.

I decide to wear a pair of black jeans that I've only worn once; they're hidden deep in my closet and haven't been touched in years. When I tried them on the first time, they hugged my ass and thighs in a way that made me too self-conscious to even walk outside for a test run. But, I hope that I've shed a few pounds in the meantime for them to fit a little more modestly; I never wear anything even fitting to my body.

After trying on the jeans and pairing it with a cream-colored blouse, I look in the mirror and am close to trying something else.

"Woof!" Pedro barks.

"I know my cleavage is popping out of this shirt!" I yell at him before gripping my annoyingly large boobs. "I didn't ask for these, dammit!"

Not only is my chest saying hello to the world, but my jeans fit tighter than expected. I'll admit, I look pretty damn good; I can work my fuller figure to my advantage on very rare occasions. But do I have the guts to wear this tonight?

I guess we'll see.

After doing my hair (which wasn't much of a difference—my trademark bun) and makeup, I slip on some flats and leave my apartment to drive over to Sebastian's house. The traffic is surprisingly not as bad as I expected, therefor, the drive to Sebastian's place is done with ease.

My Bluetooth alerts me that a call is coming in from Darcy. I answer it.

"This is Leslie King."

"Hello, Leslie. How's your Monday evening?"

I make a left up San Ysidro drive; the street that Sebastian's house is on. The houses become considerably bigger and livelier the longer I drive. I can't help but stare; the last time I was down here, Sebastian refused to let me inside, so I didn't have much time to enjoy the mansions lining the street since I was so fed up with his existence back then.

"It's going great," I reply to Darcy while watching the clock; 5:24PM. "Is everything in my office packed up?"

"Yes. Ava says that you can come pick it up tomorrow."

"Okay. I'll probably have Skippy help me move them into storage or something. Can you call the storage—"

"Already on it."

I become irked when I remember that the office space will most likely belong to Alejandra now.

Darcy and I talk briefly about how Sebastian is supposed to contact a few firms that may want to interview me. I tell Darcy that until then, we'll be working from home. She didn't mind much, but I feel anxious not having an office space to work in.