Chapter Five: What A Publicist Is For

Even after Sebastian's presence is long gone, I still feel the lasting effects of him. And I don't like it.

Not only is Sebastian's behavior something that can be categorized with the behavior of a womanizer and a brash twelve-year-old boy mixed together, his inability to accept the fact that not every woman will fall to his feet at his superior good looks and female-concentrated charisma makes me want to gag.

So now I'm standing in front of the secretary's desk, trying to understand what on earth just happened. In truth, I feel excited at the thought of being flirted to, despite my effort to wade off his advances, but that excitement soon dissipates when I remember that Sebastian was only looking for a good lay.

One thing I also remember, is that I have to work personally with this man. Even though he has a strong idea of who I am and of my connections with his father, he is unaware of Garrett and I's deal. And with this thought, I look through the hallway to Garrett's office door and clench my jaw. It should be minutes, maybe even hours until he calls me in. And when that happens, I'm sure Sebastian's reaction will be the opposite of smiles and a warm welcome.

"Leslie?"

Ava's voice brings my attention to her. She is still frazzled by Sebastian and I's ordeal and frankly so am I.

"Yes, Ava. I'm sorry...what can I do for you?"

Ava then laughs, "I'm going to be honest with you, I completely forgot what I called you here for."

I glare at her while she wears a smile on her face, accentuating her strong cheekbones.

"Well, that really helps me."

"Hey, on the bright side. If I would have never called you out here, none of this would have happened," she staples a few papers together, then places them in a brown file, "I think I deserve a thank you."

"Yes," Paul chimes in, "Ava deserves the biggest thank you, ever!"

"If the situation helped me in any manner I would indeed show gratitude. But it didn't. It actually made things a lot worse prior to the storm that is about to start."

Paul picks up the same file he fanned himself with seconds ago and performs the same action again, "Actually I think the storm has already touched down," he says, "it sure is really wet up here-"

The sound of a man clearing his throat makes Paul jump and Ava answer a call as if his comment never left his mouth.

"-Welcome to Harrison Inc.," He croaks at the sight of him. I turn away and fight the strain tugging at the corner of my lips.

"Well, if you remember what it is, Ava, make sure to call me."

Ava nods.

I walk into my office and sit at my desk. After letting out a long, exhausted, and most likely sexually confused sigh, I sit up at look at Darcy.

"Oh, Darcy. Ms. Witherspoon from the Los Angeles Times? I need an interview scheduled for her and Mr. Harrison when there is an available slot. She's been waiting almost a year."

"I remember her. I'll talk to Ava about that."

"Thank you. And also, please see to it that Alejandra successfully removes her possessions if she decides to come by."

Darcy, for a moment, looks at me with a confused expression. It's as if she's expecting more out of me about the situation. Perhaps a cry, or maybe a long monologue about my miserable love life, but frankly Alejandra is irrelevant to what I have on my plate, and ex-boyfriend drama, especially after yesterday, is a mere stab in the back preventing me from getting important work done.