1.

It was a new day in Beacon Hills. Another day of school for me. I groaned in annoyance at the thought. I hated school. It was so pointless. I silently complained about it as I sat straight up.

Last night was so much fun. Too much fun I guess. I was with Scott, runnig trough the woods. Well, who is Scott you might ask? Scott is my best and my only friend. Scott and I normally take late night hikes, but we thought we might run this time. We had too much energy inside of us and we needed to release all the stress from school. We ran and ran trough the woods, until we were so tired that we almost collapsed on the ground so we decided to go home.

I was still a bit tired from the night, but I had to go to school. How much I hated school, I had to go. Otherwise I will be poor and dumb for the rest of my life, my dad always said to me. Well, I was already dumb. I mean I didn't even know the square root of 9.

I rose on my feet and walked to the shower. I took my clothes off and stood under the hot shower for almost half an hour, letting the warm water all over my body. My tense muscles started to relax and I felt more comfortable. I breathed out and with every breath I felt more relaxed.

After a refreshing and hot shower, I brushed my teeth, looking in the mirror. My eyes were dull and they had huge bags underneath them. My skin was pale and my lips were chapped. When I was done, I walked to my room again, put some clothes on, made some lunch, ate some breakfast, looked on my phone and I waited for Scott to call me. Scott always drives me to school since he had a car and I didn't.

But, instead of calling me, he sent me a text that he wasn't going to shool today, because he was too tired and his mom said he could stay home. Lucky bastard. I mean my dad never lets me stay home whenever I'm tired, because school is too important. Like I'm gonna learn something.

Since I didn't have a ride, I decided to run to school. I can run pretty fast, since I'm a werecoyote. Scott's a werewolf, and that's why he became my friend. We're each others only friend, because everyone at school and in the neighborhood thinks we're, different. Well, we are, but no one knows how different we are. We –Scott and I– always held it a secret, because nobody can know and nobody will know about what we are. It's too dangerous, since there are hunters lurking in the dark all day and night long.

---

There are actually a great amount of supernatural creatures, like werewolves and werecoyotes, but also many Scott and I still don't know about. Scott is an alpha. The alpha of the pack I was in. But he wasn't just an alpha, no, he was a true alpha.

There are two ways to be an alpha. The most common is to kill an alpha. But the rarest way is trough strenght of character, or force of will alone. It takes a lot to be a true alpha. And Scott deserved to be one.

---

As I was running to school, I went trough the woods. It's not exactly a shortcut, but running trough the woods maked me happy. I don't know why, buy I always love to run. I love the wind trough my hair, the smell from the trees, the feeling to be free. In the woods nothing could bother me anymore. Not my dad, not school, not the stupid kids, not the problem that I need to hide my secrets, just nothing. It gave me a happy feeling. All my problems fade away for a second and there was nothing to worry about anymore. It was like I was a young girl again, full of life and unaware of the cruel world.

---

I finally arrived at school, and I saw that the "popular group" was already waiting for my arrival. The popular kids were always bullying the unpopular kids. In that group were: Allison, Erica, Ethan, Aiden, and the kind of leader: Lydia. I tried to avoid them but it was too late, they had already seen me.

My cheeks were flustered and I was all sweaty from the running. But Lydia's first remark was, as always, about my clothes. "Nice clothes Malia, where did you get them, the trash bin?" Everybody laughed, and I felt embarrassed, I responded. "What's wrong with my clothes?" I asked embarrassed. Lydia took a quick glance at my clothes and she looked at Allison, smiling.

"Hmm, let's see, maybe everything? Girl, you look like you made your clothes out of your own chest hair." Now everyone near us in the school saw and heard our little 'discussion' and they only laughed at me. They didn't even feel sorry for me, or helped me. They just laughed and called me names like 'loser' or 'bitch'. No matter how much I wanted to punch her in the face, I hoped that if didn't respond, they would stop. And they did.

For now.
--
i'm re-writing this story! this was my firsy story, published somewhere in august 2016. i was young, so my writing wasn't that good, but have fun reading!