♡ Chapter 7 ♡

Start from the beginning

Ariana quirked an eyebrow. Brandon strode back to where she was sitting and set Percy down on her lap. He tuned his guitar.

Uh oh, he's gonna sing now. He's gonna sing and he's gonna hypnotize me with his perfect voice and leave me feeling utterly insecure and awkward, oh no! Ariana panicked in her brain.

"I'm guessing you know Taylor Swift?" Brandon glanced up at her. Ariana nodded slowly.

He started to strum the guitar to a tune that Ariana knew. Oh no, here it goes, Ariana thought.

"All I knew, this morning when I woke, is I knew something now, knew something now I didn't before." Ariana sang. Wait why did I just sing?! Ariana scolded herself. Brandon smirked at her and she could not believe that she was starting to blush.

"All I've seen," she continued hesitantly as Brandon nodded his head to go on. "Since eighteen hours ago is green eyes and freckles and your smile in the back of my mind making me feel like..." Ariana continued to sing the rest as she got to the chorus.

"All I know is we said hello, and your eyes look like coming home, all I know is a simple name and everything has changed," she sang the first part of the chorus on her own. "All I know is you held the door, you'll be mine and I'll be yours. All I knew since yesterday, is everything has changed." Brandon had joined her in the last verse which made Ariana's stomach do a backflip.

"And all my walls stood tall painted blue," Brandon continued. "But I'll take 'em down, take 'em down, and open up the door for you..." They sang the rest of the song with Ariana's nerves slowly calming down with every line they sang.

"And everything has changed," they sang the ending together. They were sitting very close now. Ariana hadn't noticed that they had slowly been moving closer to each other during the song. They were close enough that their knees were touching, but not nose-to-nose like they had been before, much to Ariana's relief.

Both of them just stared at each other, not saying anything. Ariana watched his now-green eyes, trying to catch them change color. Brandon smirked suddenly and Ariana was pulled out of her daze. She turned away and slightly pushed the roll-chair away so that she could compose her thoughts.

What just flipping happened?! She thought as she stared at the ground.

"Seashell?" Brandon called. Ariana shut her eyes.

"Don't call me that," she said. She heard Brandon get up from his seat and set his guitar back down under his bed.

"We should figure out what to do with the bookmarks," she heard Brandon say. Her eyes flew open as she nodded.

"How many did we make?" Ariana asked.

"Uh, fifteen I guess." Brandon replied.

"So one for you, one for me, one for Bryce, one for your mom, one for Toby and one for Cory so we can sell nine." Ariana stated while standing up and stretching her arms and legs.

"Who's Toby and Cory?" Brandon asked.

"My baby brothers." Ariana replied.

"Oh! And one for Damian," Ariana smiled. Brandon gave her a slightly confused look and then remembered the incident earlier and then stayed silent.

The rest of the afternoon, they spent on the sidewalk trying to sell the nine seashell bookmarks at a dollar each. There weren't many customers, and the four people that bought bookmarks were probably buying them because of pity.

"Five more to go," Brandon sighed as he wiped sweat from his forehead. It was already five o'clock, so the sun was starting to go down. But both Ariana and Brandon were tired of waving the bookmarks around, yelling "bookmarks for sale!"