chapter-2 Hotel Le Ciel d'Or

Start from the beginning

Yet with his futile and childish disapproval of the human ways, he always stayed in this hotel. And tonight after the successful death of the vampire and his return to his formal self he was basking himself under the strange happiness he got whenever he was here. He was staying in the room – 334, and was patiently waiting for someone. Though he knew according to his orders he was supposed to meet Donovan at Maurice bar, but strangely enough when he had reached the small downtown bar couple of hours ago, nobody was waiting there, and thus he had simply returned to the hotel, knowing to well, that now somebody was supposed to come to him and not the other way around.

He had reached his room an hour ago and from last 30 minutes of that hour he was enjoying a hot shower. His naked torso was drenched under the steam and hot water as he bowed his head under the shower and sighed with pleasure as the warmness of water relaxed him. He imagined that as the water was cleaning his skin, his worries will also be cleansed off him under the soothing touch of the water . After being satisfied with the results of his long shower he stepped out of the tub and made his way across the bathroom naked. His slightly tanned skin that was covered with millions of water droplets twinkled, as the effulgent white light in his bedroom hit each water drop and made it shine and for a millisecond he looked like an absolute angel himself.  He walks towards the bed and grabs the towel and starts drying himself, thus dispersing all the water droplets.

The man embodying the black shoe makes his way across the third floor, to the rooms situated on the other end. The shoe wearer stops in front of the light brown colored door and places his trolley at a perpendicular angle to the knob. the man  checks himself , by pressing his hands against the white shirt  and his black pants , he then moves his hands over his breast pocket , checking for the last time , the embroidered sign of the hotel over his pocket , which was a golden circle with black alphabets CD on it. Satisfied with his presented out look he knocks on the brown door that was numbered 334 and waits in hall patiently for the guest to open the door.  

                                          *********************

Alex was looking at the night sky from his room’s floor length glass window, and he couldn’t help himself but to compare the indigo sky with the painting Fields in a Rising Storm by Vincent Van Gogh, it was stormy and beautiful at the same time. His thoughts were cut short, when a knock sounded on the door frowning he opens the door.

“Room service, Monsieur” a thick French accented voice called from the hall, without showing any hesitance Alex let the man in with a serving trolley. He didn’t even mention him that he hadn’t ordered anything because the moment he had opened the door, he had sensed some strong magic. “Please over there” Alex said pointing towards the floor length window and stepped aside to let the very thin , chalky white skin man in . the man bowed and elegantly glided in , Alex closed the door and waited for him to react . But the man didn’t show any reaction, he just bowed towards the trolley and took at the champagne, turned back towards Alex and gave him a brilliant smile and said amusingly “Ready to celebrate , Alexander” .

With a single swift motion Alex was at the other man throat with his silver dragger and asked “Who are you?” saying every word slowly and in a threatening tone he only uses with criminals . The other just smiled at him still holding the bottle of champagne in his hand he said with more malice in his tone “Oh!! Boy , they said you have been out of the game , but I didn’t expected such ….ummm….what’s the word English for that …..oh!! yes , amateur act. ”

Still not taking his eyes of his suspect Alex cast a small revealing spell on him , the minute his magic touched the man’s flesh his whole body swirled as if Alex was watching a bad TV , the man image juggled with itself and then settled back to its original butler body . Alex stepped back to form some comfortable distance and said , in his threatening tone “when you call somebody at the bar , meet them at the bar . Be a man of your words Donovan. ”