Chapter20.

Reality Check.

Bryce looked at himself in the mirror. His dark purple tux made his blue eyes pop more than the look of excitement did. It was the day. The final day. Tonight he was meeting the man behind the paper and he wanted to look his best.

Bryce pushed his hair back out of his face and heard a faint knock on the door. "Come in." He said, turning on one heel, the door opened and two people walked in. His mother and Luke.

Luke was Bryce's ride and he was dressed in a black tux with a white flower on his left pocket. He smiled once he seen Bryce and so did his mother. "Oh Bryce your father would be so proud.." She whispered, cupping his face. "Who's the lucky lady?" He didn't answer.

It was no lady.

"Bryce," Luke coughed. "You ready to go?"

Bryce just nodded and held his mother's hands as she hugged him. He could tell by the look she gave him she was thinking something deep. Bryce and Luke said their goodbyes and walks out the door.

He read the letter from three days ago and fiddled with his fingers, he began to sweat. Bryce was beyond calm. His nerves were already shaken up by this and just knowing that whoever this person is knew him all this time made it worse. Yet he couldn't keep himself from bouncing with excitement.

After tonight he could finally choose who he wants to get with. Both men were seniors so they were bound to know each other and if not the man behind the paper was sure to know Ryan. His heart was beating out of his chest and Luke took notice of Bryce fiddling with his fingers so he snickered.

"You excited?"

"Yeah, I get to meet this guy I have been talking too for a while now."

"Trust me Bryce," Luke snorted. "You got a surprise in for you. And I'm sure once you realize who you've been talking too it'll make you feel real stupid."

Bryce only raised a brow at Luke who said no more. When they pulled up Bryce shot out of the vehicle and waited for Luke at the front who just tried to catch up. "Damn boi, you got a snake in yo shoe?" Luke panted, holding his knees. "You coming inside?" Bryce only shook his head and pulled out the letter causing Luke to eye him and smirk. "Alright. Have fun."

With those words Luke was off.

Bryce waited, tapping his foot on the concrete steps in excitement. He was ready for whoever was behind the pen to show up and sweep him off his feet. But never did he show. Five minutes, ten, ten twenty. He took a seat and collapsed his hands together as disappointment washed over him, "Shouldn't he be here by now?" He asked himself.

"Bryce?"

Bryce looked up when his name was called and he immediately knew who was hiding in the shadows. The way his name rolled off the olders tongue had managed to give him goosebumps. He narrowed his eyes and gave a confused look to his friend who had finally came from the shadows. "Ryan?"

Ryan was dressed in all gray and his hair was pushed back. He smiled at Bryce and held out his arms for a welcoming hug, "You got me." He laughed. Ryan took a seat beside Bryce who just took out the letter and read over it again, ignoring his friend. "Who are you waiting on?"

"Someone," Bryce hummed. Ryan chuckled and snatched the note from the younger boy causing Bryce to let out a gasp as he jumped to his feet. "Ryan give it back!" He cried out. "If you promise me one dance." Ryan smirked, threatening to rip the letter which had caused Bryce's blue eyes to go wide as he bit his lip.

He didn't want to leave because he was afraid the other male would show and he'd miss his chance but when he looked at the smirking Ryan his heart melted. Bryce couldn't say no. "Fine, but I will kill you if I miss the person I'm waiting on." He sighed and Ryan cheered as he spun on his heel. He took Bryce's hands and muttered something before dragging him into the school.

"Prom picture boys?" Michelle asked with a cheeky grin on her lips. Ryan looked to Bryce who just looked back up at him, he shrugged. "Yeah," Ryan said and they got their picture made before walking to the dance floor were everyone was slow dancing.

"Okay, I'm bad at dancing just saying." Bryce whispered to Ryan as he felt nervousness creep up into his legs. Ryan only smiled as they began to sway their bodies side to side in rythm of the song that was playing.

"You're not bad.." Ryan whispered, his voice tickled Bryce's neck. He didn't know why Ryan made him feel the way he did but he couldn't help but love it. "Bryce..I..I got something to tell you but before I do.." Ryan's voice began to shake. Bryce didn't say a word when Ryan leaned in and took his lips in a kiss.

As their lips parted Ryan took a deep breath. "Till the next letter," he whispered. Those words nearly reached Bryce but when they did his eyes widen and he pulled away from Ryan. "It..It was you?" Ryan cracked a broken smile and Bryce felt his heart drop.

He didn't know what to do as mixed emotions ran through him. Bryce shoved past everyone and ran outside, ignoring the cries of Ryan. When he reached outside his wrist was grabbed and he was forced to face Ryan who was frowning.

"Bryce..I'm so sorry.."

Dear McQuaid,

It's finally time.. I don't know how you're going to react Bryce but if you feel hate towards me do know I understand. But keep in mind that I love you Bryce. Even if we go our separate ways you're forever mine okay? I'm so sorry..