chapter five

"I had fun tonight." I smiled sending Chip out the door.

"Me too." He laughed. "Maybe we can hang out again sometime."

"That sounds rad." I gave him a hug before he left and I couldn't help but feel tingles. I wanted to ask him on a formal date but didn't know if I could bring myself to do it. Cal was overprotective because of my last boyfriend.

"Wait Chip?" I called out from my door.

"Yeah?" He turned around looking at me again.

"I think you're cute." Was all I could say. Really 'cute?' what am I in year seven?

"Haha." He laughed at me. My god. "Chloe, I think you're very attractive." Oh jeez.

"Really?" I asked brethlessly.

"Really." He flashed me a smile before turning around again.

I closed my door and slid down against it. I mean it's cheesy and all but, he's hot. I laid on my new couch to watch Netflix and eventually fell asleep to How I Met Your Mother.

When I woke I decided i'd go over to Cal's place just to hang out. It was already two he's gotta be up. I sported black jean shorts with tights and a white The Maine crop top with a lyric from my (Un)lost. I decided converse would be pretty comfortable so I decided on those.

When I went to the bathroom to fix my hair I took a look at my appearance. I was pale faced with grey eyes and blonde hair which I don't see how that is possible since my brother came out with almost jet black hair. I put on a bit of makeup until I was content with my look and headed over to Cal's flat.

I drove over and didn't bother knocking since I had a key. When I realized no one was awake I decided i'd make them all breakfast. I decided on bangers and mash cause that was always my favourite.

"Who the hell cooks in this house?" I hear Harry's voice travel down the hall.

"I do." I sing-songed.

"Oh hi Chloe." He said placong himself on the counter.

"Goodmorning Harry." I smiled feeling in a great mood.

"Why are you even over?" He asked pulling four plates out of the cabinet.

"Well sorry! You can finish your own brekfast." I jokingly stormed off and Harry followed me. He picked me up and carried me back to the stovetop.

"Please finsish." He told me. "But really, why'd you come over?" He asked again.

"I was gonna visit Cal but everyone was asleep so yeah." I trailed off exchanging my focus to my cooking.

"Do you need any help?" He offered.

"Just wake the boys please." I finished up as Harry went to do as I said.

Everyone stumbled in to the kitchen as I seved their plates. "Good morning boys!" I grinned.

"Good morning, Chloe." They mumbled.

We made small talk at the table as we ate. "So what are our plans today?" I asked as a group.

"We're filming football videos with Joel and Chip. Wanna come?" Callum offered. I instantly accepted at the sound of Chip's name.

"Sure, sounds like fun." I finished up the last of my mashed potatoes and rinsed my plate.

"Will you play?" Harry asked. "I mean, only if you want to."

"I don't know i'm not that well." I confessed.

"It'll still be fun, Chloe. You don't have to be in the video." Cal jumped in making me feel more pressured.

"I don't be in the way of anything will I?" I asked not wanting to disturb the boys.

"Of course not. It's been forever since I've seen you play anyways." Cal mentioned.

"And we've never seen you play." Callum jumped into the conversation after devouring his meal.

"I guess. But I'll have to go home to change." I told them as I walked back over to the table.

"Alright we'll be setting up at the field so if you need a ride ask Chip." They explained.

"I'll see you later Chloe." Cal kissed my cheek and I left to go change. Since I realised the weather was colder I chose some grey trackies, a pair of trainers, and kept the crop top. In case you haven't noticed crop tops are kinda my thing and I only have a few shirts that aren't cropped.

I headed to Chip's flat and knocked on the door.

"Hey." I smiled when I saw him.

"Hi." He responded.

"So I was wondering if I could get a ride to the field with you guys?" I felt really awkward asking for something. "Cal invited me." I told him so he wasn't completely confused on why I was asking.

When Chip and I seated in the back we had nervous looks on our faces from our last encounter.

"Hi Joel." I greeted as he joined us in the car park. "Thanks for the ride."

Joel looked between Chip and I. "No problem." He brushed it off and we continued with casual conversation.

"I like your top." Chip complimented me.

"Thanks but, we don't have to recreate our last car ride together with the hair and all." I chuckled.

"I know, I just actually like your top." He smiled.

"You guys are an awkward mess." Joel teased.

"Why thank you it was as if I didn't already know." He glared at me in the back seat.

"Keep your eyes on the road." I said playfully hitting his shoulder.