Un

Moving cautiously, she slipped in the spaces between the trees. She moved as if she was one of them, like she belonged more so than they. Her bare feet never made a sound, her toes were able to guide her easily further into the deepest.

She prayed for her heart to be still, to remain silent as she hid the best she could.

Strong arms slipped around her middle, causing her to yelp in surprise.

"Gotcha," his voice whispered in her ears.

"Emmett," Aleida whined playfully. "You weren't meant to come and find me yet. You cheated."

The vampire had in the insight to be affronted at her accusation. "Hey, babe, don't be a poor sport just because you lost."

"I didn't lose! You cheated!" the small powerful girl growled at her mate. "The only way you can win is by cheating."

Aleida squirmed in his arms. She didn't mind losing, it was the bet they had always made that made her hate it. He claimed it made it all the more interesting, and while she was always so generous in her bet; Emmett was ruthless. She hated how he always went to extremes.

"Since I win," Emmett began. "You can't cross the treaty until after the wedding."

Spinning, she found herself facing her mate in anger. He was always the jealous, possessive type, but he had never one this far.

"First, you didn't win." Her finger stuck Emmett's chest violent as she made her point. "Second, it is not up to you. I am one of them, therefore I will spend time with them."

"But you can't, you can't smell like them during the wedding. The Denali's will have a fit." Emmett's voice held concern.

Aleida felt her heart skip a beat. Her Emmett wasn't the best person when it came to showing how he felt. He acted like a teen despite his many years alive. Despite his awful efforts, she found him endearing.

"My love, it is not so simple." He leaned into her touch as she caressed his face. "The pack needs me, the tribe needs me, Jacob needs me."

"Jacob ran off," he whispered to her.

"Someone needs to ensure that he is still safe, someone needs to take over his jobs."

Emmett hissed softly at her last comment. "You shouldn't be doing his patrol."

She shook her head softy and kissed his fingers. Often time she found herself thinking of what it would have been like if he was still human. Would they have found one another; would he have chosen her or married someone from his home town?

"The boys should not be burdened by their brother's mistake. They do not have the energy to run extra patrol." She cooed to her other half softly. "Plus, it's only fair I contribute seeing as I'm part of the pack."

The vampire grumbled and pouted as he realized that his mate was right, like usual. The insight and morals she held often left no room for anyone to argue simply because she viewed the world from such a pure mind.

"Do you have to be right all the time?"

Aleida laughed lightly, her smile growing at her mate.

"It would be damnable of me to do the wrong thing."

She watched in admiration as he tossed his head back and groaned, he could never keep up with her mind.

Instead he opted to scoop her into his arms and over his shoulder. Never would he get over the way it felt to hold her, to be close to her. Having spent nearly two months with her splitting her time between himself and wolves, he was happier he had ever been. It amazed him that they had accepted him as a hers, given him imprint rights. Because that's how she and the pack view him, her bound to him was as strong as an imprint.

Aeida's laughs filled the air as he sped towards the house. She felt like she would forever be in awe at the way the world looked at this speed. Hr mind flickered over to Edward briefly, wondering if he was capable of seeing the beauty of things from another's mind.

Alice was waiting for them at their return. The psychic had trouble seeing her future, because she wasn't technically human, and Aleida wondered how long the petite vampire was waiting for them.

With the wedding approaching in less than a week, the Cullen home was hectic. Alice was readily putting any available hand to work no matter how much they complained or begged.

"I've been waiting for you," Alice scolded lightly. "I need Aleida's help."

Emmett eyed his sister warily as his mate acted as if it was no big deal. "Don't you have enough people working?"

Alice ignored the sly remark, skipping forward she led the pair down the 'aisle' and towards the alter.

"The ground is uneven," Alice rushed out. "And the trees behind the alter are looking exceptionally bland and boring."

Aleida felt a small amount of irritation fill her at the jobs that she was assigned. "Why do I need to even out the ground?"

"Bella can't walk on flat ground in normal shoes, do you really expect her to do this?"

Nodding her head in defeat, she knew Alice had a point. Looking towards the earth, she noticed how dry it looked as well but figure that it would be for the best if people were wearing spiked heels.

"Right, so I just even out the ground?" Her question was relaxed as she prepared herself slightly. Rolling her sleeves, she cracked her neck and rolled her shoulders.

Willing her ability forward, she didn't give Alice to explain what she wanted as she set to work. Her muscles pulled ever s slightly as she forced them into work. Power and control filled her being, her muscles growing stronger, her senses more in tune with the tremble of the earth.

Aleida lifted her hands palm up, the ground obeying her command. Earth rose around them, rising in the air in perfect synchronization. Her eyes narrowed as she eyed the surrounding area, not missing the way Emmett beamed next to her in pride. All at once, she flipped her hands over and brought them down in a smoothing motion.

She watched critically as the soil fell back to the earth. Her muscles relaxed but the feeling of power remained in her core. To her, she could see the imperfections, feel them in the ground beneath her. Alice next to her nodded her head in approval, but Aleida wasn't pleased.

"It's perfect, babe," Emmett spoke quickly, he had no doubt on his mate's train of thought.

She shook her head slowly, and ever so careful slid her foot to the side. The ground smoothed even further, even if it wasn't to her satisfaction she let it go. Scrunching her hands into a ball, she stopped her foot down. The vampires looked her way as a ripple was sent through the earth, the soil locking itself down tightly.

Aleida looked at her element calmly for a few seconds before turning to her soulmate. A wide smile on her face as she felt energized and powerful.

"What's next?"

•••••

Vote,

Comment,& Follow me on Wattpad

Unedited