14.

Mel & Diamond mm

Melanie Stephen

I walked into my home and immediately pulled off the six inch heels I wore. I hung up my purse on the hook and as I walked into my room I heard my door chime, indicating that someone had came inside. I peeped my head out the door to see miles standing there in his button down and slacks.

"Could you help me unzip please." I asked as I walked out.

"Oh yeah." He said putting his phone away. He grabbed me and placed me right in front of him and unzipped my dress. He was about to kiss me, but I felt the urge to throw up.

I rushed into the bathroom and emptied everything from lunch. He came rushing in right behind me, patting my back.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine could you get me a glass of water, please." I said before bending over the toilet again. I clenched my stomach and felt empty so I stood up and washed my hands. I don't know what's the problem? I grabbed my toothbrush and started to brush my teeth all over again to get the vomit taste out of my mouth.

By the time I was finished Miles stood there with my glass of water.

"Thanks." I said grabbing it.

"Yeah." He said giving me the side eye. I looked at him funny before brushing it off. "So you good?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine I'm pretty sure it was just something I ate earlier." I said grabbing clothes to go shower.

"You positive?" He asked.

"Yes why wouldn't I be?" I said curiously.

"I mean if I'd known better I would think you were-Nevermind." He said brushing it off.

"You'd think what?" I asked and still didn't get an answer. "You'd think I'm pregnant?"

He sighed and looked up to me.

"Yeah I would." He said smirking. "But I don't know I'm not a doctor."

He kinda had me thinking because my period is 2 weeks late already and I just thought it was because I normally have irregular periods, but I'm not sure anymore.

"I'll look into it." I turned and left going back into the bathroom. What if I am pregnant? Like I wouldn't know how to feel. I'm pretty darn successful for someone my age so it's not like I don't have the means to take care of any offspring, but I wonder if miles would be okay with it.

I stopped thinking about all of that once I turned the shower on and stepped in. The hot water soothed my body, relaxing my muscles instantly from the long day I had today. It's Friday and I plan on relaxing the whole weekend. No drama, No annoying employees, nothing but peace and quietness and Miles.

I lathered up my fluffy blue loofa and scrubbed my skin, ridding it of all the dirt I picked up throughout the day. I rinsed off and grabbed the towel hanging up by the shower. I dried off and slipped into my shorts and sweater and exited the bathroom. Miles was kicked up in my bed on his phone as usual.

"So um when did you wanna leave?" I asked approaching the bed side.

"We can leave now if you want, just pack a bag of clothes for the weekend." He said looking up at me and smiling.

"Okay Mister." I said turning and walking into my closet. I just grabbed some sweats and shirts and shorts. I'm not tryna impress nobody and I decided to bring my glasses too. "I'm ready."

"Aight lets go." He grunted and got up. He walked over and relieved me of the bag I held and grabbed his car keys. I followed behind him out the door and locked up. I walked to the elevator and got on, leaving out the building. We walked to his car and we're now driving to his place.

"Mel you sure you don't wanna go to urgent care or something?" He asked still pestering me about me being 'sick'.

"Miles I said I'm okay it was just something I ate, no big deal." I sighed.

"I still think you should get checked out just to be sure that you're not...pregnant." He mumbled.

"Okay fine how about you take me to the nearest drug store so I can pick up a test okay?"

"Alright." He said. Not long afterwards we pulled up in front of the Rite aid and I got out, slamming the car door behind me. I'm pretty sure I'm fine, it's nothing wrong with me. I walked through the store and made it to the aisle with all the feminine care and picked up a test.

"I can't be pregnant." I said lowly. I made my way to the front and checked out. I grabbed the bag and left out.

"What if you are pregnant?" He asked as soon as I got in.

"And if I were?" I asked.

"Shit I don't know I'd be happy." He smiled big. I looked at him like he lost his damn mind.

"Uh we haven't known each other that long and What if the baby could possibly belong to someone else?" I asked.

He looked at me and clenched his jaw instantly.

"What the fuck you mean Melanie?" He said clearly evident that he's upset.

"Well umm I slept with Jayceon but it was only one time."

"When." He said quietly. "When!" He yelled hitting the steering wheel and caused me to jump.

"Like it was around the time that we had sex I don't really remember Miles, but it was before we got serious..." I said mumbling the last part.

"Fuck, Melanie, How could you?! Shit man." He yelled. I could feel where he's coming from and I HOPE to god that I'm not pregnant. If i am then I have to go through DNA tests to try and see who's the father and that would make me feel so dirty knowing that I don't know who it could be.

"I-I'm sorry Miles." I said trying not to cry. He didn't say anything back to me. I think he's more upset because if I did become pregnant and we had sex then he's gonna be hurt if the baby doesn't turn out to be his but that's if I'm pregnant. I tried grabbing his hand, but he moved it away. I felt my heart shatter instantly.

We arrived to his house and I grabbed my bag from the backseat and followed him to the front door. I heard barking instantly and smirked since I really love dogs. We walked in and I immediately dropped my bag to the floor.

"Where's your bathroom?" I asked him.

"Down the hall to the right." He said not making eye contact with me. I walked down the hall until I made it to the bathroom. I read the instructions on the back panel of the box and pulled the stick out.

"5 minutes." I pulled down my shorts and started to pee on the stick. The five minute wait felt like hours just to see if I'm really pregnant. My timer went off and I sighed before looking at the results. I shut my eyes and peeked one eye and then two, shocked at the results.