Chapter Thirteen.

Jace's P,O.V.

I ran to get a nurse, bumping into Cassie's mother on the way. "Her hand twitched." I exclaimed. Alexandria raised her eyebrows, hurrying to get into Her room. I smiled, telling the nurse the same thing.

"Are you sure she moved?" The petite nurse asked.

"Of course I'm sure!

Cassie's P.O.V

I felt my eyelids fluttering, not even of my own will. I struggled for a minute, but then they snapped open, and I saw a bright white light staring at me. A huge lamp. How ironic.

Groaning, I didn’t even have time to look around before Jace engulfed me in a huge bear hug and kissed me. I broke away from the kiss, gasping “Can’t breathe, Jace.” He smiled sheepishly and let go, a tear sliding down his eye.

“I’m so glad you’re awake! I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you.” He looked down. This time I hugged him, and he fell into my embrace. I was half sitting up on the bed, and then I noticed my mother smiling at me. I held my arms out for her too. “Group hug?” I said suggestively. She laughed and hugged us.

A man, probably a doctor judging by his outfit, came in. Tall, hair like mine, and green orbs. My mother looked up, and gasped. “What are you doing here?” She spat.

“Mr. Rivers?” Jace asked.

“Hello Jace. Alexandra.” He nodded to my mother. “I transferred from the old hospital to this facility. You know, because of what happened.”

I looked up at them, confused. Who was this guy? It didn’t seem like my mother liked him much.

“Well, I don’t want you treating my daughter! Aren’t there any more doctors here?!” My mother demanded.

“Mum!” I gasped. “Stop being rude! What’s going on?”

“Um. Cassie, this is Aria’s father...” Jace said.

“Cassie, this is your father!” My mother said at the same time.

What the fuck!?

-----------------------

After sitting down with me for an hour, talking about my injuries, we got onto more important things like HOW THE FUCK THIS MAN WAS MY FATHER!

Supposedly, when he and my mother were married, they actually had twins. And when they divorced, I was the one my mother wanted; and Aria... Left with my dad. To live here.

“So she died?” My mother asked, trying to control tears. My father nodded, and put an arm on Alexandra’s shoulder for comfort, which she shrugged away from, and narrowed her eyes at him.

“Don’t touch me, Ian.” She protested. He looked hurt, but kept a cool composure as he turned towards me.

“I always knew they would be identical. We could barely tell them apart at birth, let alone now.” He said, towards Jace. He looked up, grimacing.

The horror of this all hadn’t sunken in yet. Aria was my twin, also Jace’s ex- girlfriend. She died.

“Mum! How could you not tell me about this! You know I always asked what happened to dad. So why?” I demanded.

“It was for the best, Cassie. I’m sorry.” She nodded slowly.

“And you.” I looked to my ‘father’ accusingly. “Why did you leave town! I missed out on a whole lot of my childhood, you know that right? And a sister I never even knew about?! I can’t believe you just ditched us!”