Suicide: Hopeflight's Death (side story)

I have placed this side story here because it happens alongside the book. It happens a few moons after Lemonpaw left Treeclan, I hope you enjoy it, and please comment if you like little side stories like this! :)

December 23rd 2015 Hopeflight's POV

I can't take it anymore.

Everything I've loved has been destroyed. I've relinquished. Everything I've known is gone. And for what cause?

I lost my mate... My kits... And now my only friend, Sycamoretail...

I walk on weary paws to the river and gaze silently at my ragged appearance. I haven't groomed myself in nearly half a moon, and all the other cats in the clan have given up fussing. My eyes are bloodshot and heavy from lack of sleep. I refused to sleep; the nightmares were unbearable.

I have no purpose in life; Starclan have forsaken me.

I pull up a tuft of grass and make a small pile beside the river bed. I grasp my teeth around the fur in my shoulder and pull a clump out. I didn't feel any pain from doing this. The pain ran deeper than anything physical... I lay the clump of fur carefully on top of the pile of grass.

There. If they don't find me, they'll at least know I was here..

I sigh and curl up for a brief moment, hunger grasping at my belly. I hadn't eaten in days.

Both Scarletfall and Toothblade, Sycamoretail's closest friends had tried and failed to get me to eat. Whenever I did, I vomited it up on the grass outside camp.

My ribs were already beginning to show through my thick gray fur.

My tongue was dry yet I didn't lap from the river. I laid my head on my paws and closed my eyes. Why did all this happen?

An almost full moon rose into the sky, and a few dotted stars presented the horizon in a brilliant light.

I open my eyes and look dully at the night sky. I've lost all light now, there is only darkness.

I sat up and prolonged my gaze at my reflection for one last time before jumping into the river. I felt my body sink and my lungs fill. Until. Nothing.

Author's note: I know it's sad and short but I hope you liked it anyway! There might be more stories of Hopeflight in the future, what happens after she dies? Does she go to Starclan even though she's given up on them? Please comment if you'd like more side stories like this! I may write a story on how Sycamoretail dies if you're interested!

Want to know why I killed my main OC? Keep a look out across my other books and you will find out more!