Bizarre in all senses

So today felt like doing another blog and honestly I shouldn't even be writing let alone thinking again.  Literally burned myself out today with a round of editing on my own work.  I swear I understand why writers have to be the first editor but it still sucks.  You have those whole quips with yourself like why the heck you write this line, and why did this section go so long.  Then you're like no no wait don't cut this.

Sigh...so what's the point this blog a breather honestly.  Found a quote that inspired me to find others in hopes and just go from there.  So excuse the randomness.

“The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else”  - Umberto Eco

Swear that sums up Jackson in Advent so very much.  Once you get to know him you'll see he's a coward in almost sense, despite his bravado.  But like everyone knows heros have to grow stronger...>.> though in the rare case of Jackson I don't know maybe he'll succeed by accident lol.

“Monsters exist because they are part of the divine plan, and in the horrible features of those same monsters the power of the creator is revealed.” - Umberto Eco, The Name of the Rose

*whistles* I'm guilty of this at times, but my monsters look more human than beastly most times.  Why, because to me humans are the creatures of unimaginable evil.  Give me a scary sci-fi creature any day, over a brilliant crazed human who can commit mass murder and still function well in society.

“Nothing gives a fearful man more courage than another's fear.”" -” - Umberto Eco

Swear this can be translated to my newest story that I completed.  Fear in others definitely helps you cope with your own fear, and makes you believe that you'll be alright.  Yet that's a false hope since in these situations, no one's ever alright.

“Books are not made to be believed, but to be subjected to inquiry. When we consider a book, we mustn't ask ourselves what it says but what it means...” - Umberto Eco, The Name of the Rose

Good words I agree.  Seriously realized this with some of my stories, that sometimes intentionally and unintentionally that I have dabbled into strong underlying tones.  *Avoid reading Advent if you can't handle unintentional underlying tones.*

“The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon.” - Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

*round of applause for that man*  I think we as writers should all strive for this.  If for any reason your reader stops wondering, then you've lost the purpose.  Think every story should at least give some spice and mystery or else they'll stop partaking of the food laid before them.  At least most would...

“Thus I rediscovered what writers have always known (and have told us again and again): books always speak of other books, and every story tells a story that has already been told." - Umberto Eco, Postscript to the Name of the Rose

Good note to end on.  Every story has been told hundred times, and then hundred times over again in this endless cycle.  Why...honestly because there's a basic foundation to work from.  There are those who are inspired and there are those who duplicate.

Those who duplicate literally see what they like from another and basically copy that work.  Some do it verbatim and some do it piece by piece.  Honestly doesn't matter really...  There are laws about this everywhere along with ethics set by communities.  Quoting is fine.  Stealing isn't.

Then there are those who are inspired they blend some of the elements of the stories that have pushed them this far into their own stories, but give them unique twists that make them their own.  That's what a writer should be in my opinion.  You should strive to create something that from inspiration and not duplication.  Because honestly it saves you a lot of time and trouble to just find your own voice and let it flow as the work writes itself through you.

Well other than that like always.  Take care.

CL