Chapter 6: Unwanted Revelation, At A Crossroad

Start from the beginning

Legolas' face looked brighter than a ripe tomato.

Celine snickered and excused herself, leaving everyone else to gather themselves from the awkwardness she had thrown them in.

Just as their daughter had disappeared around the corner, Lady Galadriel helplessly shook her head, making her disbelief evident in her actions.

"What was that?" Merry, one of the hobbits, had spoken up in an attempt to break the ice.

"Aye, I don't know myself, wee lad." Gimli shook his head and looked up at their elvish companion for answers.

Legolas could only shake his head in uncertainty, not willing to let anyone else in in that gentle promise that she had spoken.

-----

Celine found herself shooting arrows that night. Hitting the same bull's eye on different targets in varying angles and distances.

Upon deciding to be a swordmaster, she made it a point that she'll not only hone herself with the sword but with various other weaponry as well. Just so that she won't be helpless without her expertise and rendered defenseless and at the disposal of the enemy just because she couldn't hold anything better than a sword.

That means she'll have to deal with the bow and arrow after she finished mastering every form of blades and hand-to-hand combat in a failed attempt to avoid it.

Who could blame her anyways. Give her a bow to hold and she'll remember a ghost of a pair of hands steadying her aim and a body behind her that straightens her posture and sets her foot in the right place. She'll hear a captivatingly deep voice instructing her on how she's supposed to aim and to take a deep breath before shooting.

Nevertheless, it was one of the many reasons why she'd been recognized as a real threat with not only the sword and any other form of weaponry, but especially in archery as well.

It's just about the only memory of the ellon she loved -and still does- that she could take without doubling and turning back to the hurting little love-sick girl she had and always will be in the darkest most untouched corners of her mind.

Not even when she tried so hard all of these years to be resilient, hardcore, independent, tough and nonchalant.

"You have excelled so much with the bow, hiril vuin."

And that was all it took to halt her exemplary ruthless performance in the training grounds.

Mentally cursing as she almost stumbled on the flat surface of the floor underneath her should it not be for her harnessed reflexes, Celine didn't waste a single second in swiftly recollecting herself and unsheathing her sword from her back by her freehand.

"Why thank you, my dear prince."

In the blink of an eye, she drew it and aimed for the prince's throat, stopping a mere inch from actually severing a nerve, a threatening smirk plastered on her face as her lavender eyes glinted dangerously,

"But might I remind you. It's not 'my lady'."

"Then what shall I call you then?" The blond prince had taken a cautious step back while trying to keep his tone and face calm and unreadable. It didn't actually take him long to realize that this Celine is much too unpredictable and erratic than the one he knew before that he wouldn't entirely cross out the possibility that a single wrong move could get himself killed even within elvish territory.

Sensing the ellon's discomfort and apprehension, she quickly drew back and sheathed her sword, turning her back on him as she busied herself with packing up the blades and arrows she used for practice.