Chapter 5: Delivering this "I love you" to you one million times again

ابدأ من البداية

This is what she would've wanted to do and more.

To unite different races and keep them under her wing for protection.

After one final look and a resolute smile and wave, she went out the doors and accepted that that would be the last time she'll ever see those faces.

That after leaving those doors, she would never be the same.

-----

Lothlorien obviously needed an upgrade in their security. Especially now that Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn had openly accepted a stranger, and a human, to their family, and the ancient threat of Sauron's forces awakening.

And this strange party they came across to in the borders of Lorien's woods only added up to her long list of reasons why she's practically come down to the conclusion that the valars really meant for her to end up exactly where she is.

She knew her face was well-hidden underneath her royal blue scouting hood throughout the duration of their interrogation. It took her a bit of a nudge to properly handle Haldir's particular group of day patrols -she hates their guts but appreciates the challenge of taking control over them every time- good thing she is and had always been in good terms with the blond elven guard.

Majority of Lothlorien elves are blond.

Celine didn't mind. Not anymore.

"We are members of the Fellowship. Our group is sent out by Lord Elrond of Rivendell for a mission of great importance." One of the men -there are two- whom she learned from information to be Aragorn son of Arathorn, started cordially.

She nodded in contemplation, even though she knew they would definitely not see her from underneath her hood,

"I do not know whether you left the fact that you are a ranger out on purpose or not, Lord Aragorn, son of Arathorn." she wondered aloud as she sheathed her dual elvish swords on their place behind her back.

Said man's eyes widened in surprise and the rest of the party took their defensive stances.

She chuckled, "Quite the wrong time to be taking the defensive now, is it, Lord Boromir of Gondor?" She tilted her hooded head to the side to inspect the brunet from underneath the shadows, her tone cocky and enjoying the bewildered looks on everyone's faces.

As the captain of the guard, she naturally find it her duty to know not only the events and people within the land she serves but the whole of Middle Earth as well. She would catch up with the news as much as she could as she trains with the guards and prepares herself for war should need be.

So, herself knowing much more information than what was let in with the guards shouldn't really come as a surprise for the faction she personally handles.

Although she was working with Haldir's faction for the day and so, couldn't have avoided the bafflement radiating from the stilted postures of the guards.

"Next time, remember to brief your guards whenever I'm the one handling the shift." She turned to Haldir with a snicker in her tone, "they look lost."

Haldir shook his head, "They are merely surprised. The identities of the Fellowship had not been disclosed to us guards." He rose an elegant brow at her as if to ask for some form of explanation.

She shrugs casually, "I simply wander too much."

"Aye, if you must know, my lady. It is common courtesy to us dwarves to show our faces to whom we talk to." The ginger axe-wielding dwarf stepped forward only to have all the arrows of the guards pointed at him.