Babysitter

Nino was still chuckling happily to himself as he climbed the steps to the school's main entrance, looking over his shoulder every few feet in anticipation of Adrien's flustered rage. He managed to make it inside before ever spotting his red faced friend, starting to climb the stairs towards his second floor classroom when he heard the first shout.

"NINO that was freaking AWESOME!"

The DJ looked up as he made it to the second level, jumping slightly in surprise when he saw his classmate Alix barreling towards him with the rest of the class at her back, minus Marinette and Adrien.

"Dude!" she was still saying as she ran up to him, jumping and punching him pretty hard in the shoulder, enough force behind it to make him wince. "That was so cool you just straight up punched her and you aren't dead? That's what I call a hero!"

A small crowd formed around him and Nino stared at them wide eyed, unsure of how to respond as Kim walked up to him, leaning his weight on him as he threw an arm around his shoulders.

"That's a pretty wicked punch you've got there Nino," Kim was saying, "Never would have thought you had it in you!"

Max spoke next, adjusting his glasses and looking at him in genuine surprise.

"Your probability of survival was next to none, but you're somehow still standing here. I'm impressed."

Rose drew attention to herself with a high giggle, clasping her hands before her chest and cooing, "You were so brave! I would have been too scared to move, you were amazing! As soon as you distracted her we were all freed, we might have died without you!"

Everyone agreed, cheering and clapping as Nino just laughed awkwardly, adjusting his cap and kicking his shoe against the ground.

"Ah guys come on, I'm not a hero. I knew Ladybug and Cat Noir would show to back me up, they're the real guys who saved the day," he said after a moment, sort of admitting it to himself as much as he did his peers. He was sort of miffed with the heroes for scolding him but he really would have been in trouble if they hadn't showed.

"You're wrong," a new voice suddenly spoke up, drawing everyone's attention to the top of the stairs where Adrien stood with his arms crossed.

Adrien walked forward, being let into the circle of students to stand by Nino, leveling him with a strong gaze as he said, "It might have been stupid and reckless but you're a hero. You drew the akuma out into the open, Ladybug and Cat Noir wouldn't have been able to do anything if you hadn't stepped in." Adrien rolled his eyes, sighing for a reason no one knew except for Nino. "It was stupid but it needed to be done, and we all owe you big time."

Nino blinked, staring at his friend as a small smile grew on Adrien's face, the blond shaking his ehad again but giving in somewhat to Nino's delight.

Nino grinned, clapping Adrien on the back and laughing before saying, "I'll take that in place of a raise."

Adrien laughed too while everyone else just looked confused, no one noticing as Marinette quietly slipped in to join the group. Everyone only noticed she was there when she suddenly called out down the hallway towards their principal who had just appeared.

"Mr. Damocles!" she shouted, waving her arms over her head, "Sir can we talk to you please? Just for a second?"

The class looked between Marinette and their principal who started to walk over, Mr. Damocles effectively ignoring her and walking straight over to Nino with a smile.

"Ah young Nino!" he said when he arrived, setting his hands on Nino's shoulders. "Your actions were rather heroic today, the school owes you its thanks."