No Good Reason

Light from the streetlamps outside filtered through the window of Nino's room, long lines of white cast over his desk and discarded backpack until they finally fell on his slowly stirring form. Nino groaned, lifting a hand to rub at the uncomfortable mark his glasses had left on his face. Slowly he sat up, stretching and settling his glasses back in place so he could blink blearily at his way too bright cell phone.

"Aaaaw," Nino whined, grimacing at the glowing '11:38 PM' as it was displayed above a few unread text messages. He was going to be all messed up now, and he was way too hungry to go back to sleep. He had fallen asleep at maybe... 1:30 PM? Damn. Missed lunch and dinner.

Nino stretched again before teetering to his feet, waking up a little as he headed towards the kitchen. He spent the next little while making mac n' cheese while his head rested on the counter, numbly watching the water boil.

Damn that dream had been crazy...

Nino lifted his head a little to pour the noodles in, trying very hard to shake off the last dredges of what he hesitated to call a nightmare.

He didn't remember a lot, the details fading the longer he was awake, but he remembered the gist of it. It had just been him sitting in class with all his classmates, except in Marinette's seat sat Ladybug. It was kind of ridiculous, seeing Ladybug with a school bag doodling in her notes with her cheek resting on one hand. Alya was talking to her regularly, no one seemed to notice except for him. He was the only one who could see the spots, everyone still called her Marinette.

That wasn't the scary part though, actually that part had been sort of funny. He could remember being entertained that he knew it was Ladybug when no one else did. The scary part was when the scene of the dream shifted and the city was under attack. The whole class was backed up against the wall of the gym and standing in front of them all was Marinette, no spots, just a yo-yo in her hand. Cat Noir was at her side just a second later, and the two of them stood against the blurry formless akuma. But he was scared. When everyone else looked out there they saw Ladybug, indestructible Ladybug, the hero who could take on anything. And he saw Marinette. The girl who doodled in her notebook.

And it scared the crap out of him.

Nino refocused when his timer went off quietly next to his head, signaling to him that the noodles were done cooking. He took a deep breath and finished making his food, putting the pot in the sink and heading back through his dark house to eat in his room.

Yeah... that was probably how this was gonna be. He was the guy who knew, and there wasn't really anything he could do. He just knew.

He was gonna have to deal with that.

Nino sat down heavily in his desk chair, waking up his laptop and plugging his headphones in so he could listen to some music. He started some random playlist of his, not really hearing it as he went about filling his stomach. After a little while he unlocked his phone, deciding the check the few messages he had. He checked the ones from Marinette first.

'M- CN was asking me questions during our run. Guess he spotted us at the tower and was wondering what was up. I just told him I was distracting you because you were worried about your friend, so if he comes around asking just say that.'

'M- Not that he'll find you or anything. Like maybe he would but he doesn't have a reason to really.'

'M- He was playing it off as a joke but I think he was a little miffed I took someone else up to our spot. He seemed to get it when I told him I was distracting you.'

'M- He sorta gets jealous though so just a heads up. I think I defused it.'

Nino grumbled around his spoonful of macaroni, feeling a slight prick of unease at the idea of a jealous Cat Noir. They had just been sitting together he wasn't that possessive was he?