Meanwhile, Kira unsheathed her katana blade and jumped in to aid Scott and Liam. Now that the creature was fully occupied with three deadly supernatural creatures, I rushed out of the danger zone to join Mason and Brett in the corner.

"Who is that?" I asked the two boys in a low tone.

"L-Lucas," Mason stammered.

Beside me, Brett stared as Scott, Liam, and Kira fought off Lucas. "What the hell is he?"

"Nothing I've ever heard of," I mumbled.

The two boys and I continued to watch the three fight Lucas. After a moment, Lucas swung one of his arms in Kira's direction, and the kitsune was slammed into a wall.

Shakily standing up, I fired another shot at Lucas. The creature whipped around to face me, letting out a loud growl. I silently cursed to myself – my bullets only seemed to be making him angrier. He dug the bullet from his skin and threw it aside, gnashing his teeth – no, fangs – and began to sprint towards me.

Right when he was merely a few feet away from me, my eyes widened when Lucas's body was tackled to the side, Liam's familiar growl resonating through the air as he sent the other boy to the ground. Miraculously, Liam's tackle seemed to do the trick – Lucas's body laid unmoving on the ground, his breathing slowing and his sharklike fins slowly shrinking back into his arms.

However, I didn't even have time to let out a sigh of relief before a bright orange light suddenly cascaded over the room. My gaze eventually fell on Kira, who had suddenly become surrounded by bright orange flames, her eyes taking on the same shade of the fire. It all seemed to happen in slow motion – she lifted her katana blade and quickly spun it around in her hands, yelling a couple words in what sounded like Japanese before bringing the blade down on Lucas's unconscious body.

I let out a yell, surging forward to stop Kira, but Liam put a protective arm around me and forced me back.

Scott's eyes were wide as he rushed over to his girlfriend, wrapping his hand around the hilt of her blade and forcing the katana to stop in its tracks. "Kira!" Scott yelled. The tip of the blade was inches away from Lucas's chest.

For a moment, the room was eerily quiet. Kira blinked, the orange light dying from her eyes, her expression blank as if she'd just realized what she'd done. The kitsune slowly lowered her blade, her bright orange aura fading away.

Eventually, Scott cleared his throat. "Is everyone okay?" He asked quietly.

Although we were all shaken, everyone nodded – including me.

"We need to get him out of here," Scott said, turning to his Beta. "Liam, give me a hand."

Liam nodded, approaching his Alpha to help. Just as he and Scott began to lift Lucas's unconscious body up off the ground, a sharp object suddenly pierced his chest, causing everybody to yell out. Scott and Liam dropped the body to the ground in shock.

At a closer glance, I saw that the sharp object was attached to a rope. The rope was quickly rolled back up, everybody's eyes following the rope back to where it had come from to see who did it.

Standing on a platform above us were three men in dark trench coats and gas masks.

I let out a gasp, stumbling back, but everyone else was simply staring up at them in confusion and fear. "Why did you do that?" Scott demanded.