The Gifted

SUMMARY:

Two girls. Two separate lives.
Two different sides of the same coin.

Hundreds of years in the future, a new society has risen in Afro-Eurasia. A capital city, known simply as the City, is established, with 125 independently-run sectors fanning out from it. And in the 13th Sector, two fifteen year old girls carry on with their drastically different lives, unaware that soon, everything is going to change.

-

ELAYNE WOODSON always thought she was just an ordinary girl. Like everyone else her age, she is busy preparing for the Examination, the test administered to fifteen-year-olds that determines their whole future. She knows that the results will change her life.

And when her test goes horribly wrong, her life does change, but in a way she never expected.

-

REL always knew she was anything but ordinary. Most obviously, she's homeless, an orphan, and a runaway, living on the streets and surviving because of her reliable friends and resourceful nature. However, she hides from everyone else a secret: ever since she was little, she's been able to do strange, inexplicable things--things that shouldn't be possible.

But, soon enough, it will be a secret no longer.

-

Elayne and Rel. Two girls who have no clue that the other exists. Yet they are connected in a way no one would have ever expected. And their separate worlds are about to collide in an explosion that will change everything they know... forever.

A/N: Before you start reading the story, I just want to say, thank you so much for clicking on it! Each and every read really means a lot to me.

Please don't forget to vote if you enjoy it! And do comment your thoughts as well, because I really enjoy reading them. Constructive criticism is always welcome (emphasis on the constructive part). However, I'd like to point out that this story is pretty first-drafty and will probably have many inconsistencies. Also, I don't have plans for this book besides posting it here on Wattpad, so please don't make comments about grammar, spelling, etc or treat it like it will become a published book. Thank you!

Now that that's out of the way, I hope you do enjoy my story. Happy reading!