Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Saving Your Own Skin

September 5, 2012

The Block

Near Millard Fillmore H.S

8:30 AM

The next day of school Richard and Terrence were walking as if nothing happened. Didn't say anything about last night. Richard was more quiet than Terrence. Terrence did his normal routine, spoke to girls, waved at people, talk trash to someone who dished it. Richard was really looking for Will. See if he was ok. Moments later Marcus passed by said hi to them and kept moving. Richard saw Jacob and noticed his was grinning kind of hard. Like he won the lottery. Richard wasn't noisy but kept his eye on things. Richard didn't know Jacob nor did Terrence. To him he was a local thug soon to be front page. But Richard can't forget what he did for Reggie.

April 8, 2011

The Block

Richard’s Apartment

2:00 PM

Reggie is going to the store to get some ice cream that Richard ask him to get. Reggie was old enough and wanted to prove it. His father allowed it since the store was across the street. Reggie was on the elevator. As he is riding the elevator two men in masks enter. One with a jacket and shoes covered in blood. Reggie was in the corner so tight they didn’t even notice him.

"Damm man nobody told you to blow him away!! You can't do nothing right!!

"Hey hey he was moving man! He had a piece!"

"A remote dummy! He was sitting on a remote!"

Reggie gash and one of the gunman notices him

"Awww great look a kid." the bloody gunman raises his gun to Reggie. In the same time the other gunman snatches his gun.

"What the hell you doin!? You stupid or what !?"

"Hey Ryan said no witness."

"I aint shooting or hurting no kids."

"Give me back my gun."

"Or what? What you gonna do? Nothing! Tell Ryan I don't care I kill you before you kill a kid around me punk!"

The bloody gunman nods his head to the other gunman.

"Ok whatever mang. We will see what Ryan says about that."

"At what me not wanting to shoot a kid or you saying his name in front of a kid? You only got one more strike to go duke."

DING. Elevator doors open to the second floor were the gunmen wanted to be on. The bloody gunman said in a panic.

"Man whatever man let's just go."

And he leaves first to head to the back staircase. The other gunman looked at Reggie kneeled down and said to him

 "Don't you worry kid. I wasn't going let that fool hurt you. You be safe Ok. "

The gunman flees. Reggie notice that his arm had a tattoo of a big J and A on it when he took the gun away from the other guy. Reggie was so shook up someone else had to take him back upstairs. He only told Richard the story and Richard figured out that Jacob saved his brother’s life.

September 5, 2013

The Block

Near Millard Fillmore H.S

8:33 AM

As Richard, watches Jacob interact with the locals he sees, Will across the street waiting to cross. He had on some new clothes and a fancy bag. He looked like he was about to take a plane trip to Europe.