Chapter 6

Chapter 6
                                                        Travel Light, You Travel Far

September 8, 2012
Sheffield, MA
Joey’s Diner
8:30 AM

The bank crew was eating at a truck stop diner called “Joey’s Diner.” They were cracking jokes, and Trevor lifted his glass of orange juice.
"Toast, guys. To a lovely night, hahaha!"
"Cheers!" they all said as they toasted their glasses and coffee mugs and drank up.
"Okay, it’s official: you guys are my brothers," Danny said, and they toasted again.
"So what's next, Trev? We running, or we working?" Jacob asked.
"Got some other scores open to my new crew, but let’s let things get low first. Let's just chill out for a while."
"No doubt, no doubt," Jacob said.
"Maybe we can do this to all the states, haha!" Chip said.
"I don't think the water here is that good, ha!" Jacob said.
"Guys, seriously, we gotta keep low. No wild spending, nothing to make ourselves hot. They prolly got a database looking up who drove what, who bought what on Wednesday and shit," Trevor said while finishing his orange juice.
"We should just leave the country, man. Find a nice cleaner and go," Yvon said.
"Not me, guys. I love New York too much," Jacob said.
"Here, here," said Trevor.
"Hey guys, look," Danny said.

NEWS BULLETIN
A major fire broke out last night during a bank robbery. Police are looking for any leads. Wendy, on location.
“Yes, police say they are going to round up the usual suspects and run a full investigation. More news at noon. A gunman was found near the Martin Housing Projects this morning. Police found him wrapped in his own net. Police refused to comment at this time.”

"Ain't that where you from, Jacob?" Trevor asked
"Yeah, weird stuff. Whatever. Police can't bother me ‘cause I was with you guys," Jacob said.
They continued eating their breakfast before hitting the road.

The Block
Police Precinct
10:13 AM

Myers and Trexler decided to get an early start on a connection with Harper, the mystery men with the footprints, and the jail bus killer.
"Mitch, tell me something," Myers said. "None of the mystery men were found. Just one unknown human, regular size 11 military-issued combat boot. And you’re telling me our government never seen it?"
"How you know it’s military, then?" Trexler asked.
"Imprint support more to the back than the front," Mitch said.
"Okay, let's see if any other military companies know about it. Get Larry on the horn; he's an expert," Myers said.
"Okay, but no prints from the Mysterious Five. Besides, they seem to have a reputation of not using guns. I did receive some research from that bank job. My guy out there said he found a weird footprint in some parts of that bank. It was the one that was missing from the park."
"So four are out to save the day from a mad gunman, and another is robbing banks," Myers said.
"What do we got, robbers or saviors? One minute they're beating up teens, another they’re saving the day, breaking into old people’s houses and don't take a thing, then they stop a sniper nut from shooting Big Bird, now robbing banks. This is crazy," Trexler fumed.
"Only angle we have is location," Trip said. "Look, Martin projects had three incidents. The apartment, the park, and around the corner near the bus stop. The school, the bank, they might live in the building or near it or go to that school."
"That P-Knock character said something about getting this kid named Will. Usually, that gang gets their hit," Myers said.
"That wimpy kid? He can barely lift a TV over his head. Doesn't he live in that building?" Trexler asked.
"Yup, apartment 5E," Trip said.
"Let's put a cop on him, a rookie just to watch him a few days, see what happens," Myers said.

Millard Fillmore HS
Homecoming Game
12:32 PM

The JV vs. Varsity game was just starting, and what a blowout. JV 3, Varsity 31. Marcus was doing his thing that day, making every block. This game, he played offense and defense; in case Rex got injured, they wanted to use him as a backup. Richard was there with a clone of Will's dad.
"Good hit, Marcus!" Richard yelled.
A lot of Pistol members were there, but so were a lot of cops. They had a car on every block of the park, and some officers on the field.
"So, Rich, did you find out anything about your moms yet?"
"Nothing much, just a bunch of bad press and rumors. One person I called don't work there anymore. I have her home phone and address. I might press her when I can."
"Well, if you need my help, just let me know."
"Appreciate it. Look at that block!"
"I guess Terrence is all good now."
"Yeah, he in the park playing rounds of twenty-one. I heard he didn't leave the court yet." Richard yelled out toward someone at the park, "Hey, Mike! Is T still on the court?"
"Hell, yeah, lightin’ it up solo, mang. Scored, like, eighteen back to back. I had to come to this; nobody picking me up for the next."
"Haha, damn, man."
Will spoke up when Richard was done talking to Mike. "Jacob was telling me I should help my family out."
"Oh, yeah? How you gonna do that?"
"I don't know. I can’t clone money."
"Yeah, speaking of that, did you hear about that bank robbery?"
"Yeah, on the news."
"You think Jacob was involved?"
"Is that his M.O.?"
"He did some small-time stuff. Cars, stores, heard about a sneaker store on Kennedy Street."
"That big one?"
"Yeah, man. So imagine that with his new abilities."
"Yeah, I guess."
"There's goes Marcus’ dad. He's so country, man. Haha!" Richard said.
Marcus’ father was dancing and making sound effects, trying to get the crowd riled up.