Chapter 6

"Cap'n, Cap'n wake up," whispered a deep voice in my ear. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I jumped when I saw Paine only inches from my face which made us hit each other's heads. I clasped my forehead which was already had the start of a bump.

"My God Paine! What is it? We are still on track right?" I snapped at him then remembered I was no longer on my beloved ship.

"Cap'n?" Paine looked at me confused.

"Ignore that. How did you find me?" I looked at him curiously and a loud crash sounded from across the room. Not to my surprise it was Scout.

"We followed the guards t' the ship n' told the crew 'bout yer where 'bouts. They are followin' the ship. We are ready to get ye outta her'," he explained. I looked out the port hole in my room and sighed. Something didn't feel right about leaving just yet.

"I'm sorry I can't." I said flatly and Paine and Scout both looked at me like I was crazy.

"Scout go make sure there aren't any guards still," ordered Paine. Once Scout left the room Paine walked over to me smacked the back of my head.

"What are ya thinkin'? Why don't ya want t' leave? I'm not leaving you alone again. I 'bout had a heart attack when all those guards pulled out ther' guns on ya. Trinity what if they found out ye really are? I know this is Prince Caelan's ship how do ye think he would react? You have to start thinking about yer actions! We have t' go, now." Paine said pulling me towards the door. I hate that he thinks he still has power over me. I pulled my arm free and glared at him.

"Paine I am not the little girl who you used to know! I am your captain and it is time you started to treat me as one! Now take Scout and get back to the ship. I will send word for you when I want to leave," I paused for a second and let my anger settle down before I said the next words," he has been looking for me all this time Paine. I have to give him some peace of mind. He has to give up on me," Paine looked at me shocked.

"He is still looking for you? But it has been over a year." he said disbelieving.

"Well I was his fiancée after all," I softly laughed. Just then Scout came in hastily.

"Guards are coming we must go now," he ran over to the window and jumped out of it. I ran over to the window and saw him on a small sail boat. He is always so reckless but then again he is a pirate.

"Paine go! Don't worry I will be alright. I will send word for you when I am ready. Just go to Tortuga and try to get more worthy crew mates," he reluctantly nodded then jumped out the window and he and Scout sailed off into the fog. I had just managed to close the window and jumped in bed before guards came rattling in. Some looked around the room and some looked out the window that moments before my two crew mates were jumping out of. Caelan walked in and boy did he look angry. He stomped over to me and wrapped his hand around my throat.

"Where are they?" he yelled.

"I…don't know what...you are talking about!" I choked out while his grasp tightened.

"Don't lie to me you worthless piece of-"

"Sir there are no sign of them anywhere they must have escaped," announced one of the guards. My vision was becoming blurred but Caelan let go and I gasped for air.

"What is going on?" I asked. Caelan glared at me then stormed out of the room yelling orders. He was never that angry when I was around. I supposed things have changed in him. What do I care though? That is all in the past all I have to do is prove to him that I am long gone and he will never see me again and I can go back to raiding ships and living the life of a pirate.

Later that morning

I had managed to fall back asleep after Caelan and the guards left my room but when I woke something didn't feel right. I swung my feet around slowly and slipped on my boots and the rest of my clothes. It was incredibly silent for a ship. I swiftly put clothes on and softly pushed on the door and to my surprise it was unlocked. I looked around the room and spotted steel candle holder by my bed. I walked over to it and plucked out the candle. It would have to do for a weapon. I crept through the door and saw that the ship was abandoned.

"What the hell?" I looked around confused. I continued forward cautiously and still no one appeared.

"Hello?" I yelled. Moments passed with no reply. I ran up the stairs to the stern and saw someone lying on the wheel. Slowly creeping up to it and a cold tingle formed at the nap of my neck warning me to watch for danger. I softly pushed the candle holder against the man and he instantly fell to the floor face up. He was torn to pieces in the front. His entire innards were visible but lifeless. The worst was his face though, the flesh was peeled off to show the muscles and tendons. His eyeballs were still in their sockets but the iris' were plucked out.

"What the hell?" I screamed backing up into a web of ropes. They entangled my body as another body fell down and towards me. I frantically waved my arms around trying to get out as the body slammed against me. Kicking it out of the way I hurriedly freed my arms and hands and sprinted down to the deck. As I now looked around I found the crew above me all like the poor sap by the wheel. I was about to scream again when a maniacal laugh sounded from behind me on the bow. I spun around in time to see a ghostly figure crawl out from the figurehead (the bust in front of the ship).

"Well well, I could I miss such a charming young lad?" it asked me while forming into a woman. It walked over to me and grabbed my arms and pinned me against a pole. She began to rise up and up into the sails.

"Let go of me you evil hag!" I screeched furiously. Her eyes shot open and she dropped me. I gasped as sprawled my body out in search of a rope. Just as I was about to hit the deck one found its way to my hand and I wrapped around it slowing my decent. I slammed against the deck hard but quickly got up and started looking around for that witch.

"How dare you call me a hag!" she appeared right in front of me except not as a woman but as a monster. Fangs protruding from her mouth, eyes bulging out of their sockets, and her hair looked as if she had not ever combed it, but she sighed and turned back into a beautiful woman. She floated up to the flag staff and picked up the body that was skewered there.

"What are you?" I asked cautiously.

"I am the one who has come to rescue your stubborn behind. Why else would I kill all the men on this ship?" My mind immediately went to Caelan. I looked all around for his bright white boots that he always wore. Finally my eyes rested on the man that the woman was holding. She tossed him up and down looking at me with an evil smirk. With each toss I watched his white boots go up and down. My heart began to ache at the sight of my childhood best friend being thrown around like a rag doll.

"Put him down," I hissed at her.

"Oh we have a soft spot for this one now. How interesting," she pulled over a rope and wrapped it around him. She leaned into him slowly and breathed out a blue fog that seeped into him. Slowly flesh began to form again and everything returned back to normal. He gasped for a breath and I restrained myself from running to him because that is just what she wanted.

"What do you want with me?" I asked her.

"I told you I will save your sorry ass if you like it or not!" she said.

"Get up" rang another voice but very distantly.

"Oh darn looks like I have to go. Don't worry I'll see you again soon my dear," she slowly began to disappear and the distant voice became stronger and stronger. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I saw Caelan over me. I quickly pushed him off and was quickly surrounded by a sword at my throat. 

"Damn" I said.

I absolutely loved writing this chapter and I hope you all love it :) Sorry for not posting sooner was having writer's block and of course the holidays but please enjoy. 

Camilla Belle(Trinity) to the right. For those of you who are wondering what movie this pic is from it is When a stranger calls. She is also in 10,000 BC.