Chapter 3~ Prince Caelan's POV

A cool breeze licks my skin as I walk through the night. My footsteps echo through the empty alleys with each step while my heart aches. I close the locket and put it in my pocket for safe keeping. Where could she be? It has been an entire year since she has disappeared. Did those pirates kill her off yet? Please God don't let them be torturing her. A single tear slides down my cheek as I think about my best friend who was taken away from me. Not only was she my best friend but the only love I will ever have. Quick footsteps sound from an alley a few feet ahead of me. Seconds later a young girl pops out running for her life. She spots me and freezes. 

"Prince Caelan is that you sir?" rings a voice familiar to my ears. Her heavy French accent instantly reminds me of...

"Brie?" I ask stunned.

"Oh mon dieu! It really is you!" she runs up to me and wraps her arms around me. "Oh sire how I have missed you so much. Filthy pirates everywhere but now I am away from that awful ship!" 

"Brie, where is your lady? Is she of good health? Please answer me. Where is Trinity?" I ask frantically. 

"Oh sire. My lady and I were separated as soon as the pirates brought us aboard their ship. I-I haven't seen her since," she says. Although there is something in her voice that doesn't quite seem like she is telling the truth. She trembles in my arms and she looks horrible. I will ask her questions tomorrow when she is better.

"Come Brie, you look like you haven't slept in ages. Come to the castle and I will fetch you some help."

We walk to the castle in silence and I am thankful for it. So many questions are buzzing around in my head I know it will explode if I try speaking right now. Just then a loud explosion sounds from by the castle. I pull Brie close as she screams. I pull her over to the entrance of the castle and try calming her down. 

"Brie I'm going to go see what that explosion was you go into the castle and find my father. He will most likely be in his office. Go up the stairs and it will be the first door on the left. Tell him what has happened and tell him to send guards to the eastern gates," I say once she has stopped trembling. 

"But sire it could be dangerous!" she proclaims worriedly. I grab her shoulders softly and smile looking into her eyes kindly.

"Don't worry Brie I will be fine. I'm not the little boy you once knew." she mumbles something but I run off. The dust was still receding when I arrived but what is visible is disgusting. Bodies lay dead around the ground. Arms, legs, and other body parts are detached from bodies as guards wail in pain. Ones who aren't severely injured are tending to the few that aren't dead yet. Just then something grabs my leg and when I look down I see my friend Rosco. His entire lower half missing and he is lying in a pool of blood. I kneel down and hold him in my arms. He is still alive but just barely. His lips move slowly but nothing comes out. I lean in closer and he whispers the word "Pirates" before he starts coughing up blood. His eyes slowly close and his body falls limp in my arms. I look down at him sadly and brush a strand of hair from his face. 

"I'll avenge you my friend. I won't let another pirate hurt anyone I care about again," I say while gently laying him down.

"Caelan?" asks my father from behind me. I stand up and quickly bow to him. 

"It was those nasty pir-" I stop mid-sentence when I notice the platoon behind him holding a man about my age in shackles.

"We know, this is the captain," he says gesturing to his group holding the man.

"Where? All I see is the boy," I look around each guard but don't see any pirates who look like a captain. 

"It is me you idiot," spits the boy. I step back shocked. His hazel eyes glaring into mine send shivers down my back. They are so full of anger that they almost completely hide the fear. I don't blame him though penalty for killing is death but for a pirate it is to be hung in front of the entire town. Serves him right. I will avenge Rosco and Trinity.

Now is a good time to tell you that every 3 chapters after Tri's POV it will switch to Prince Caelan's POV. Then it will switch back to Tri's every two.

P.S. I have a cast except for Tri so I will be posting that on here. If any one has any ideas for who would be a good Please give me their names on this page. Thanks. I hope all of you like my story. Please vote/comment/fan if I deserve it thank you all.