Then I remember how she had been yesterday.

I wrinkle my eyebrows. "So what happened with Matthew when I left?"

I immediately catch her blush but the furrow of her eyebrows tells me something else. She shakes her head.

"What?" I press.

"Nothing happened that's what?"

"Oh?"

"He's attractive that's for sure, but I don't think he even noticed me."

I frown. What exactly had Matthew meant when he'd said, "I have a muffin to finish?"

I had immediately assumed that he wanted to see Julie again.

"He didn't talk to you?"

"Um...he did, he just came back inside, finished his muffin and came to me to pay. The only conversation we had was regarding the pay. That's it." She tells me.

"Hmm...I don't know what you mean by him not noticing you. I think he might just like you. I mean he sought you out for the pay, didn't he? He might have chosen to just leave the money on the table." I reassure her.

What am I doing?

I know I wanted Matthew to shed whatever feelings he had for me, but I shouldn't assume things, let alone encourage Julie only for her to be disappointedly crushed afterwards.

"If you say so." She says skeptically.

"I know so."

Stop. I command myself.

"Okay... now get your butt up and serve the new customer." Julie the commander is back. She slightly pushes me off the chair to the front entrance for me to greet whomever is coming in.

My jaw drops at who I see.

"Well, well... we meet again?" Sav thrills, wearing a somewhat similar outfit from yesterday.

Today she's alone.

"Hi." I greet her giving a small smile.

She smirks. "I didn't know you worked here...well good for you. So what do you have here that's good to eat?" She rambles on moving to a vacant booth, not giving me a chance to respond.

"Here's the menu." I hand her the menu brochure.

She takes it fervently and scans it.

"Mmmh all of this sounds good... So how have you been Leyla? Wow you guys do double chocolate fudge pancakes? I'll have that then." She babbles again, leaving me confused whether I should answer her request about my well-being or to take her order.

I choose the latter.

"Do you want any hot drink with that?"

"Sure..." She scans the brochure again. "Which do you think goes perfectly?" She asks.

"I'll recommend hot chocolate." I smile slightly and take my leave quickly before she pulls me in to an unwanted conversation.

"Isn't that the same woman from yesterday?" Julie asks me as I place her order in the kitchen.

I nod and she frowns at me. "You know her?"

"Slightly."

Her frown deepens.

"What?" I ask, confused by her frown.

"How did you meet?" She asks me. Looking from me to her and I can tell she's trying to figure out how a girl like me knows someone looking as trashy as Sav judging by her clothing.