Chapter 2 - Love?

Dinah's POV
-
The first day went by pretty quickly, I had most my classes with Mani and Ally so I had a lot of fun; but the girls and I decided we should head back to my place to catch up.

"So did you meet any cute boys this summer?" Ally asks me, I shake my head no and glance at Normani who has a small smirk on her face.

"But I did meet this cute dress that was basically screaming for me to buy it," I say smiling.

"Show us what it looks like!!!" Normani says happily.

I make my way up the stairs to my bedroom and think to myself, why do I have butterfly's in my stomach every time I look at Mani, or whenever she talks?

I quickly fit the dress on and almost fall down the stairs, "ouch!" I stubbed my toe, nice Dinah.

"Wowww Dinah you look amazing in that dress!" Ally says, looking like a proud mother.

"Y-you look so b-beautiful. Wow." Normani stammers, while a huge smile grows on my face.

I carefully walk around the furniture that sits in my living room and take my seat again, "thanks Mani," I tell her, trying not to show too much happiness from the comment she made about me.

The girls are at my house for about an hour and then it's time for them to go, normally I'd be upset, but I needed sometime to think to myself.

I make my way back up to my room, and take off my beautiful new dress since I was too lazy to take it off earlier, and replace it with some baggy basketball shorts and a nice and comfy sweatshirt representing my favorite basketball team the Los Angeles Lakers.

I plop down on my comfy bed and stare up at my ceiling, allowing me to think about today. I've never noticed how beautiful Normani's laugh was, and how soft her voice was. I realized that she was on my mind the entire day, and every time I thought about her I just got this indescribable feeling. Am I in love with her? No. It can't be. I like boys right? I slowly get off my bed and make my way over to my One Direction poster, looking at my favorite, Louis, usually when I look at him I get the same feeling as I did with Mani today. But I feel only happiness from his beautiful smile, no butterfly's, no indescribable feeling. Am I in love with Normani?

-
Lauren's POV
-
"Mom why did we have to move!? I'm so tired of this I thought we were finally settled in Miami after we moved there years ago??" Lauren practically yelled at her mother.

"First of all, never talk to me like that again, but I'm sorry honey, your fathers managed to get a promotion and you know we need this money. You're a beautiful girl and you know you can make friends easily.

I try my best to nod my head in the most positive way possible, knowing this is best for my family. But my new schools 2nd day is tomorrow, what if everyone hates me? I haven't been this nervous since my softball teams championship. That thought doesn't make me feel any better, I had to leave my softball team behind and my girlfriend Camila.

Hopefully the people in my school will be nice.

I walk through the doors into my new high school. It's my senior year, I can get through this. I start towards my locker, number 214, I place my stuff on the floor and turn the lock into place, it pops open. I put my things inside and lock it back up, making my way to my first period.

As I step inside the classroom, I take my seat at the back of the class, trying my best to not stand out. I get all of my things ready, and then I hear laughter which makes me slightly peer my head up to see where it was coming from. I see a small girl, who's height makes her look like she could be in the 7th grade. I notice a really tall girl, with a nice smile and blonde hair, she's really pretty and her laugh is adorable. The last one I'm able to get a glimpse of nearly takes my breath away, she has beautiful dark brown eyes and her smile looks like it could stop all the violence in the world. My glimpse at her changes into me just staring blankly at this girl I've never met before. I quickly snap myself back into reality and start doing the warm-up on the board.

Hey guys I hope you're enjoying the story so farrrr, the chapters are gonna start to be a little longer hopefully.

If you'd like, please leave some comments on if you're enjoying it, or if it's a bit boring. Thanks for reading I appreciate it really.

(Follow me on Instagram if you haven't already @/cloudscabello)