Chapter 3

"So, how long have you had a thing for Craig?" Stan asks invasively, catching you completely off guard. You turn and stare at him in shock before narrowing your eyes aggressively. "Hey calm down, I was only trying to lighten the mood, we've been looking for your phone for ages now and it's kinda boring to just walk and be in silence ya know?"

You relax your shoulders and glance back down at the ground, "How did you even find out about that? Am I really that obvious?"

"Kinda..." His reply is met with another glare, "Kidding, I'm kidding okay, Wendy told me," He watches your expression turn sour, "Please don't tell her I told you that..." He sighs from saying all the wrong things, "There's no need to feel ashamed about it though," He looks towards you quizzically.

"I'm not ashamed... it's just," You sigh, "This is going to sound so stupid..."

"Go on," He insists.

"I'm desperate not to be like everyone else,"

He furrows his eyebrows, "Explain,"

"Okay well... I care a lot about what people think of me, more than I should," You stop and take a deep breath, "I guess everyone does really... which is why this is counterproductive um... I don't know, it just seems like everyone is getting into relationships these days for the sake of it, not because they genuinely like the person," Stan gives you a look, "...and I don't mean you and Wendy or Clyde and Bebe for that matter... I just don't want people to think of me as one of those typical teenage girls, one who decides they like someone just because of the way they look,"

"I guess," Stan nods slowly, "But the stereotype only exists if you believe it does,"

You stop in thought for a moment, "I suppose you're right, I just... want people to think of me as an individual before thinking of me as half of a pair if I ever hypothetically got into a relationship,"

"(y/n) I don't think you understand, people are going to think the best of you no matter who you decide to spend time with, as long as they're not a serial killer or something," Stan smiles and you laugh slightly. "Your friends care about you either way, we only want you to be happy so don't be afraid of sharing things you have on your mind,"

"Why do I feel like this is veering into deep conversation territory?" You laugh again and Stan joins in, "Seriously, we're not even talking about Craig anymore, are we?"

"Well we can talk about Craig instead if you're so insistent," Stan jokes and gives you a hearty nudge.

"I think I'll pass for now," You stifle your third laugh.

"But his ocean blue eyes are so dreamy! And the way he walks like he doesn't care about anything, with those big lanky legs!" Stan jokes and you shove him jokingly.

"I swear to God Stan, I will find the nearest spider and put it on your face!"

"No!" Stan cries and runs away; you give chase as he sprints down the valley.

You both stop in fits of laughter and it takes a moment for you to catch your breath. "He doesn't even have big lanky legs,"

"Why? What kind of legs does he have?" Stan looks at you curiously, a smirk still resting on his face.

"Normal ones," You argue, "Only spiders have big lanky legs," You stop to sit on a tree log and Stan leans on another tree in front of you.

"You really like him don't you?" He smiles like... well like he's just found out his friend has a crush on someone. You shake your head but give away with a smile what your real answer is. He takes a set next to you and his face doesn't look like it can grin any wider while yours has heated up an intense shade of red.