Chapter Thirteen

Keith punched the wall, leaving a gaping hole in it.
"Keith, calm down." He heard Fallon say but he turned to face Trystan.

"You won't. I will not allow you to."

"Keith--" Fallon started but Trystan cut in.

"I understand, Keith, but I want to tell her."

Keith punched another hole into the wall with the same fist. He didn't want to listen. He couldn't believe they were actually thinking of this.

He was even more shocked that it was Trystan who was suggesting it. Trystan who hated any reminders of their past. Trystan who punched people from their past for bringing it up.

"We're not discussing this. Find another way to explain what happened. I won't allow you to speak about our past to a stranger."

"Keith, stop thinking irrationally."

"Well, how else am I supposed to think when you two are thinking of being stupid? I will not allow you to tell her our past. You might love her but she's nothing to me. Get out of your heart and use your brain. She could just be a whore that's pretending to be all sweet and innocent. She'll just use you and share our story with the rest of the world but I guess you really want that."

"Keith, enough!"

"Fallon, he's angry." Trystan turned to Keith. "I get that but if you insult Kaia again, I won't care that you're my best friend."

"You already don't care." With that, Keith walked out. He was so angry but at the back of his mind, he felt like the boy he had been back then. He made his way to the library. When he was safely inside, he crumpled to the ground.

He cried. It wasn't the first time but it still felt worse. Every memory came crashing down. His breathing hitched. He sat on the carpet, rocking himself slowly, like he had all those years ago. He saw a shadow cross his sight. He looked up and saw the brown eyes of Trystan's girl. She wasn't looking at him with pity. She was just smiling sadly.

He wanted to tell her to go away but he couldn't find his voice to do so. She crouched down and did something he would have never expected. She hugged him. And that opened up his tear ducts. He held on to her and cried some more. For a while, he was just little Keith.

When he regained his self control, he pulled back.

"Thank you." He said, gruffly. He cleared his throat. She smiled at him.

"It's cool. Everyone needs to be a baby sometimes." He heard her teasing tone and he couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah, well, you can be my mama any day." He teased back. She laughed at this but he could see that she was slightly embarrassed. She stood and faced him, holding out her hand.

He took it and stood, feeling so much better.

He watched her carefully. She was very beautiful and different. He finally knew why Trystan was falling for her. She was a sharp contrast to what they had known all their lives. She represented a new beginning.

"See you, Miss Kinley." He nodded and made his way out of the library.
****
"What do you mean by we can't leave?" Candace asked, her voice rising with every word. She was frustrated. She had been expecting to leave soon and now they were telling her she couldn't.

"There's a rain storm heading our way. It's too late to evacuate. We have to wait it out." Keith informed her, calmly.

Candace grunted. She turned to look at her niece but Kaia's attention was on the man that Candace almost hated. Candace felt like pulling her hair out.

She took deep breaths and faced Keith.

"How long?"

"About a few hours, maybe days."

"A few days? You're kidding me. We could be stuck here for that long? That's BS." She let out.

She caught Kaia's expression and rolled her eyes.

"I'm not staying here for a few days."

"Well, unless you want to be caught up in a downpour you have no choice." Fallon smirked, angering her.

"I'll take my chances with the rain." She retorted, giving Fallon a look.

"We get it; you're a badass, Mrs. Reed. But even you can't fight the weather Trystan crossed him arms, raising an eyebrow in a silent challenge.

Candace narrowed her eyes.
"You're a--,"

"Stop it." Kaia interrupted. "You're staying here, Aunt Candace. I won't allow you to get out in this bad weather."

"You expect me to stay here for that long? What about my café?"

"I doubt your café would close down if you don't open for a while?" Fallon said with a smile.

"Would you shut up?!" Candace exclaimed.

"Wow, feisty." Keith teased, making Fallon glare at him.

"Shut up, Keith."

"Oh, so now, I'm the one who has to shut up."

"You talk too much." Trystan added.

"Nobody asked for your opinion, Trystan."

"I'm tired of you, Keith. You're getting on my last nerve."

"So you're actually human?"

"Dammit, Keith." Fallon ground out.

"Everyone just shut up!"  Kaia screamed. They all turned to look at her.

"You're acting like kids! This is an unavoidable situation. We just have to get along and just deal with it. That's all."

"We wouldn't have been in this s*** if lover boy here hadn't thought it wise to kidnap you." Keith stated.

"Yes, it's all Mr. Dwyer's fault." Candace added, sarcastically.

"Shut up! I'm sick and tired of this. If you want to leave, just leave. I'm done with all this nonsense." Kaia stomped off.

They all watched her leave.

"Definitely feisty." Keith commented, making everyone else glare at him.
****
Yes, I haven't updated for a while. Sorry. When college and family problems gang up on you, writing just seems so difficult. I'm still trying to deal with everything, though. Anyway, this is a new chapter and even though this book is not going in the direction I wanted it to go, I hope you're enjoying it and not getting bored.
Not promising anything but I hope I'll be able to post a new chapter soon. Thanks. Be kind and dance everyday's problems away. 😙😙😙😙😙