Chapter 5 Valerie's Party

Jocelyn's P.O.V

Today was not the best of days. Why you may ask, well it's simply because I woke up late. It is 8:30 right now and I am still getting dressed. I quickly ran to my closet and pulled out a black shirt a red and black flannel, black jeans and blue converse with a black beanie. I brushed my hair, teeth and did everything else.

I ran downstairs almost tripping on the second to last step

I ran downstairs almost tripping on the second to last step. I grab my bag and ran out the door once I got into my car I turned on my bluetooth and called Vic.

Victoria: Hey where you at?

Jocelyn: I overslept. Why didn't you wake me up?

Victoria: I tried but you wouldn't budge. Are you on your way?

Jocelyn: Ya I'm going to stop by Starbucks real quick since I am late anyway.

Victoria: Lucky! Alright I got to go class is starting.

Jocelyn: Alright See you later.

By the time I hung up I was already around the corner from Starbucks. I got my Starbucks and finally got to school. I walked into the office and grabbed my late slip then walked straight to my English class. When I got into class it was very quiet. "Ms. Garcia nice of you to join us" I handed her the late slip then walked over to my desk.

I plugged in my earbuds and put my playlist on shuffle. I looked up at the board to see what the assignment was; all we had to do was read an article and answer questions at the end. I got started on the assignment; about 5 or 10 minutes later Carter nudged me with his arm.

I take out my earbud making it known that he has my full attention. "Why were you late this morning" he said. "I overslept" I continued to work on my assignment. "Are we still friends?" He asked. "Ya I guess"I said without making eye contact with him. "Look Jocelyn I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was told not to" I wasn't mad at Carter or any of them, we all have our secrets.

"Who told you not to tell me" I asked. Carter pointed to his brother. "Look it's okay we all have our secrets and now we know each others." Carter nodded "You promise not to tell anyone right" he asked. I glanced at him and smiled "As long as you guys don't tell anybody about me your secrets safe with me." The bell rang and Mason didn't really bother talking to me. Usually it's the other way around, me avoiding him not him avoiding me.

It was now lunch meaning the day is almost over. I couldn't find Vic so I just went to our usual spot and the guys were already there. "Hey guys". Blake waved "Hey Jocelyn what's up" he said. "Not much just a little tired from last night" I said cracking my neck.