Chapter 3

It's been four days since Luke asked me out. We've been texting here and there throughout the week. Although Michael still hasn't budged about giving his number just yet to Jessie, I can tell she hasn't given up on scoring his number. She sure likes a challenge, and she isn't gonna give up easily on Michael. He's made a few stops at the Cafe throughout the week, but he never stays, and Luke hasn't been there since Tuesday.

"What am I supposed to even wear?" I asked Jessie as we FaceTimed each other, fiddling through my closet. I was absolutely clueless. Luke didn't even give me a clue as to where we were supposed go. "I have no freaking clue where we'll be going!"

"Hope, calm down. It's going to be okay!" She chuckled at my nervousness. Bitch. "Don't go over the top, it's your first date with him. Just go in a normal t-shirt and jeans. I'm sure it isn't going to be anything over the top, he'd tell you... Uh, I think?" she said uncertainly. Sighing rolling my eyes, I talked a few more minutes with her and hung up. I slipped on a Spiderman sweatshirt, some blue ripped skinny jeans along with my white converse. I let down my naturally brown long hair. My makeup routine is actually pretty nice, I love wearing makeup. Applying my last layer of liquid eyeliner, I felt my phone buzzing inside my back pocket.
It was 6:32 P.M.

                  Luke Hemmings
I'm in front of your house! (I hope it is, I followed google maps, so...)

I giggled at the last sentence. As I left my room along with my purse, I spotted Skyler in the living room.

"Where are you going? You look pretty." He got up coming over, ruffling my hair. "Do you have a date Miss Hope?" He asked in a fake British accent. I rolled my eyes, making a nervous face.

"No. Yes. Maybe. No-" I sighed "I think so?" I said an a confused tone. To be honest, I didn't really know if Luke was specifying this as a 'date', but to me it was. Skyler laughed.

"I'll take that as a yes?" He smirked, crossing his arms. I shoved him playfully running towards the door. "Bye Sky, love you!" I shouted back at him as I closed the front door.

"I was nervous this wasn't the right house." I heard a voice say. I turned on my heels, seeing Luke standing in front of his car a few feet away from me, smiling sheepishly. He wore a red checkered flannel with a solid black t-shirt underneath, along with the same black skinny jeans with a hole around the knee and black converse. His hair was styled in a perfect quiff, making him look older than he probably is.

"What if it wasn't?" I asked, raising an eyebrow up. He widened his eyes, laughing. His laugh was better than a cold popsicle on a hot summer day.

"That would be so bad!" He said,
opening his car door for me. "Come on Mary Jane, we have a lot to do."

We were on the road for about ten minutes now. Luke seemed like a pretty cool guy. He told me how him and his friends have a band, including Michael, but they don't wanna be that big. He explained how they liked small gigs at bars and pubs, the tips were nice and he could live a normal life having that as just a hobby. I asked him what his plans were and he said happily how he really wanted to be a Geography teacher.

"You must think I'm such a loser saying that..." He chuckled, not taking his eyes off the road for a second. I looked at him confused. I would never think that. To be honest, I thought it was pretty impressive. Not many guys at his age want to be a teacher.

"Of course not, Luke! I think it's actually really... Unique." I smiled at him. "You must think I'm really weird wanting to be a Marine Biologist. Nobody does that." I said, feeling my cheeks heating up. I'm not really used to telling people I don't really know about my future. But I don't know, something about Luke made me feel comfortable. For a second, he took his eyes off the road look at me.