Chapter 2

Tuesday // 2:21 P.M

It has been a few days ever since purple haired dude came into The Joint. Jessie has been babbling about how she would try to get his number if he ever came back there, and kept saying that if he was that good looking, he had to have other good looking friends too. I'd just stare at her emotionless. That's not really how it works, but I was just basically acting salty I guess. In the past, I have been in a few relationships before, they were pretty good experiences. The last boyfriend I had was called Benjamin. Ben was probably the best boyfriend I had, but sadly, we had to break up a few months ago because he had to move to Austria to go to college there. It hurt a lot in the beginning. We went out for two years, but there were no hard feelings before he left, still miss him sometimes though... I wonder if he thinks of me sometimes over there the way that I think of him sometimes.

"Thinking about Ben again, H?" Jessie nudged me on the shoulder. I rolled my eyes scoffing. I hate it that I was so transparent to her sometimes.

"I just worry about him sometimes... Curious to know if he's doing okay. It's nothing." I shrugged. Jessie pursed her lips at me, cocking her head to the side humming a "mhm" at me.

"But do you still love him?" She whispered before smiling at the customer that had just stepped in front of the cashier. I stayed silent, taking in on what she had just asked me. Did I still love him? It's been months... I know you can't stop loving someone after a few months, but still. Ben hasn't spoken to me ever since he got there and sometimes, we just have to let go once in for all. As soon as the customer left, I looked at Jessie.

"I don't think so" Jess looked at me confused. "What?! We haven't spoken in forever! I can't love him forever."

Saying that, the little bell of the front door rang. We heard loud laughter and two boys come in. Jessie gasped quietly next to me, fixing her uniform quickly and asking me if her hair looked fine. I rolled my eyes smiling, telling her she look great, as always.

If you didn't guess, it was purple haired boy coming in along with another boy. I wasn't wearing my glasses so I couldn't really tell what his friend looked like, all I saw was his blonde hair. As soon as they approached us, I could finally make out his details. Firstly, if I thought dye haired boy was freakishly tall, you had to see blondy here. He was about 3 inches taller, really blue eyes and a light beard. I noticed that while he laughed, he had deep dimples and his hair was styled down. Purple haired boy stopped in front of us, giving us his cute smile like last time.

"Hi!" he said looking over at Jessie. "I don't think we've oficially introduced ourselves. My name is Michael," He shook my hand first, then Jessie's, smiling deeply at her, looking as if he even forgot about his friends existence next to him. "Oh, and uh, this is one of my best friend's, Luke." I looked over at Luke and he was smiling softly with his mouth closed at us. I couldn't help but notice his cute black sweater and black skinny jeans that had a hole on his knee. Clearing my throat, I stuck out my hand to shake theirs.

"My name is Hope. This is Jessie." I hit Jessie's leg under the counter to make her talk. She was literally just standing there, smiling like a 5 year old at both of them. I think Luke noticed because he let out a small chuckle at the both of us.

"I like your name. It's pretty." Luke simply said, letting out his thick Australian accent come to life. I didn't really know what to say or how to react, so I simply nodded, smiling big at him as a thank you. We asked them for their order and Michael asked for it to go, again. I wasn't gonna lie, I really wanted them to eat here so I could catch a few glimpes at Luke. Don't call me a creep, you'd do the same! As they exited, I saw Michael make his way out but Luke stopped in front of me.

"Take this." He said as he handed me something in my hand. I furrowed my eyebrows at him looking really confused, but just as I was about to ask, he smiled and left quickly to catch up with Michael. I felt like there were pieces of papers in my hand. Opening up my hand, there was a 10 dollar bill as a tip (I assumed) and a white small piece of paper on it.

Text me later, okay? Curious to know why your name is Hope... :) (541) 202-5151
                               Luke.

I started silently screaming, hitting Jessie's arm. "Jessie! This is why he asked you for a pen!"  I was practically jumping up and down. She snatched the note out of my hand and covered her mouth to not scream so loudly.

"Hope! Oh my God! SCORE!" She gave me a high five, laughing. "Jesus Christ, text him as soon as possible! I wish I got Michael's number." She pouted, giving me the note back.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll come around. You'll see. You're too hot for him not to hit on you." I winked at her, slapping her butt causing her to laugh loudly.

"I am pretty hot, aren't I?" She threw her hair to the side like a singer in a music video.
                                ~~~~
7:00 P.M

"Jessie! I'm leaving! Can you lock up?" I said to her from the back room as I took off my apron. I tied my hair up in a high ponytail. I shoved my phone in my back pocket as I made my way out of the back room and spotted Jessie cleaning up the tables.

"Yeah, don't worry about it," She said concentrated on her table."Promise me you'll text him when you get home." She stuck her finger up at me, in a motherly tone.

"Yes mother, I will. See you tomorrow!" I practically skipped out of the Cafe. Luckily, it was only a 15 minute drive to my house, with no traffic, 5 minutes tops. As I walked through my front door, I hear laughter in the dinning room.

"I'm home!" I shouted, throwing my purse anywhere next to me, kicking my sneakers off.

"In the dining room!" I heard my Dad call me over. Walking over, I smiled as I noticed everyone was home. Mom and Dad sitting next to each other, and my three brothers on the opposite side of the table. Dustin, Skyler and Wesley. Dus was 21, Sky 23, and Wes 24. We had similar ages, that's what keeps us so close. My family was amazing, I didn't have any reason to be unhappy. Of course we had our natural problems that any other family has, but other than that, we are really close.

"Hey guys, I'm not that hungry, I ate at work, so I'm heading up, yeah?" I said smiling as I ruffled Sky's hair. He was the closest one to me out of all of them.

"Sure thing sweetie." my Mom said to me as I kissed my Dad on the cheek. Running up the stairs, I raced into my bedroom, closing the door behind me. I was going to take a shower before texting Luke, but I couldn't wait any longer.

Hey Luke. It's me, Hope :) We should meet up sometime! I'd love to tell you about my name. It's intriguing how you liked it so much, haha.

I clicked send and it automatically turned blue, going in as an iMessage. I took the opportunity of taking a shower so I wouldn't have an anxiety attack waiting for him to reply. As I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body, I finally saw his answer.

Text me your address. I'll pick you up Saturday, 6:30 P.M.