Chapter Twenty-Two - Realization

~Chapter Twenty-Two - Realization~

After an hour of lying on my bed, listening to Noah whisper my name over and over again from his window to mine, I knew I couldn't just lie around moping. It was too depressing. And his voice was driving me slightly nuts, making me want to run over there and throw myself into his arms and let him explain everything to me.

After we had talked today, he had tried multiple times to gain my attention and earn back my trust. He called, texted, tried to catch my attention, and even left a note in my locker. But I couldn't face him right now. The memory was too fresh, and it especially hurt after everything I had been through with Logan and Daisy. I know I didn't know the whole story and how there were two sides to every store and such, but right now it just hurt so much, and I couldn't face it right now.

So I got up and dressed in a camisole, yoga pants and sneakers, tying my long brown hair into a ponytail and grabbing my headphones and phone.

I wasn't one for exercise, but I had once heard that running was a good way to sort out your thoughts. Might as well give it a try. Lord knew my thoughts needed sorting out.

Luckily I got out the door without being met by one of my family members, and I began running. I didn't look at Noah's house as I ran, instead turning on a loud rap song that got my adrenaline pumping, and started sprinting.

Pavement disappeared underneath my shoes as I let my legs and arms pump and navigated through the winding streets. My breath came heavier and harder and my thighs began to hurt, but I didn't stop. I had so much to sort out, but I could barely think about it without wanting to collapse into a heap and sob. I knew that if I let myself think too much about the whole situation, it would just destroy me. So I kept running.

The wind whipped through my hair, and the bass seemed to make my whole body tremble and my heart pump faster. My breaths came quicker and faster. As one rap song finished and faded into a new one, I continued to run. Houses passed by me, and instead of waving and greeting people out tending to their gardens like the old Marley would've done, I just pretended I didn't see them and kept running. My chest felt heavy and every part of me was sore, but I just couldn't bring myself to stop.

I made my way to the school, where the front was deserted and all doors were locked, since school had ended three hours ago. Then I spotted two figures standing to the side of the brick building, looking as if they were involved in an intense conversation.

Daisy and Logan.

Curiosity got the best of me, so I rounded around the building and slowly crept up behind them like a stalker, where neither of them could see me. I hid behind a thick tree and peaked out.

I pulled out my headphones and turned down the volume on my phone, before straining to hear them.

"So she fell for it?" Logan was asking, his voice low and determined, and his brown eyes wide and curious.

Daisy nodded, looking pleased with herself. "Yeah. You could hear the arguing all the way from the treehouse. She blames him completely. They're over."

I froze. What was going on? This couldn't be about Noah and I... could it? I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Even though it was cruel, it was still a genius plan," Daisy admitted. "I mean, seducing him into cheating on her, knowing she was coming over? What a way to split them up! The bitch never saw it coming!"

I felt like the breath had been knocked out of me. Logan had made Daisy seduce Noah into kissing her, knowing perfectly well I was on my way? I couldn't believe it! How could he do that to me? How could they toy with my feelings as if it meant nothing to them? As if I weren't even a human being who felt emotions?