~ Five ~

• इन्हें समर्पित: Cara_Mi

At school

"i can't sing" navya for the 3rd time but nandini and cabir were not losing hope and were persistent.

"but problem kya hai?? You will sing with manik, i will be the drummer, Dhruv the guitarist and abhimanyu on the keyboard. It will be so much fun, yaar! Just say yes!" cabir spoke enthusiastically, hopeful of convincing her, and nandini looked between the both of them.

"cabir why don't you understand...when i am saying NO then please don't force me!" navya said and walked away from there. She was frustrated not because of cabir but because of her own helplessness. She knew they cared, probably, more than even her own family, but even then they won't understand if she tells them the reason behind her denial.

How will they? No, they won't...no one will...who would believe that her parents live in the 17th century and not 21st century, their thinking has not evolved. If they see her performing with only boys, it won't go down well with them. And may be they will send her to patna,her paternal grandfather's place, sabotaging her all aspirations and hope. If that happens even nandini and cabir will be of no help to her.

Nandini stopped cabir from going after navya. She told him to wait, as first she will talk. Cabir nodded and nandini ran after navya.

"navya!" navya heard nandini's low shout and stopped.

"nandini plz agar tum mujhe convince karne ayi ho toh.." navya was stopped in between by nandini.

"navya...meri baat suno..bas ek baar..tum mujhe problem batao...which is stopping you...please just trust me.." there was a plead in nandini's voice and navya's heart urged her to trust the girl who has been with her in her ups and downs, good times, bad times...without a complaint, without any grudges.

Navya held nandini's wrist and dragged her to a quieter place as whole school was out for practice in the free period. There was chaos and buzz, all around. They sat down on the steps and navya gathered courage to speak, while nandini waited patiently watching navya's expressions.

"nandini, meri family..." navya started to speak and nandini understood instantly the inner turmoil of navya.

So she stopped her "navya , i know , i understand, .." yes nandini had an inkling of the orthodoxy of navya's family. It was revealed in her talks and her manners. Navya was surprised to know that nandini knew but she kept quiet. "...navya dekho...ye song jo perform ho raha ye koi romantic song ni h...ye school ka anthem h...your parents should be proud to know that you were chosen for this...just think this way...and don't you think you should give it a shot...its such a big opportunity. When people will listen they will praise you and your parents will be proud of you...just shed the fear..yaar...wo add ni dekha tumne...darr ke agey jeet hai!!" nandini ended her monologue on a funny note and they both giggled.

Before navya could reply, they heard cabir , " aur agar tum kahogi toh main tumse 1 km ki distance maintain karunga! If that makes you say YES!" cabir said coming out from behind the door and stood right in front of navya. They both shared an eyelock, navya felt embarrassed that cabir heard about her family problem but on the other hand she felt happy knowing that it was his goodness that he didn't express his view about it or judged her.Nandini's rant broke their trance , "cabir!! You were eavesdropping on us??"

Cabir smirked and said "if a not-so-boys-topic would have come up, i would have palmed my ears!"

Nandini rolled her eyes while navya looked down contemplating. Cabir again turned towards navya "so miss navya naveli...will you give me a chance??" it was an innuendo from cabir and as navya's eyes expressed hesitancy he quickly corrected his question, "i mean my band , of course!" cabir said very innocently and nandini shook her head in amusement.

Manan FF- Shades Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें