"Are you okay? Where's the food?" Bellamy asked, supporting her.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather." The light brow haired boy admitted. Of course they didn't, it would have taken them much longer to get there and there were no mountain men with them. Why were they back early? Octavia's injury?

"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy asked.

"We were attacked!" Blondie told him and my eyes widened.

I immediately let out a high pitched whistle, a signal that I wanted everyone to meet and started to climb down the tree whilst still listening to the conversation.

"Attacked? By what?" Wells asked.

"Not what. Who." The light brown haired boy replied.

"Turns out when the last man from the ground died on the arc, he wasn't the last grounder." He finished. I moved through the trees pausing to listen.

"It's true, everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong." Blondie spoke up.

"There are people here. Survivors. The good news is that means we can survive. Radiation wont kill us." She continued.

"The bad news is the grounders will." He finished for her. Our proper name was the trigedakru but we had adopted the slang 'grounder' many years ago.

"Where's the kid with the goggles?" Wells asked.

"Jasper was hit. They took him." Blondie said sadly.

I started to run now as the sky people squabbled among themselves. I saw the others that had been watching over the clearing clustered at our meeting point and then my eyes settled on Kaito and I knew. I marched towards him and he grinned and held up his hands and I grinned too.

Before grabbing him and throwing him against a tree. I twisted one of his arms behind and sunk my nails into the other one. I pushed him down so he was my height, using his weight against him.

"Do you want to know how I figured out it was you?" I asked sweetly although my grin had melted into something uglier. He opened his mouth to speak but I twisted his arm tighter.

"I'll tell you how. You are the only trigedakru stupid enough to disobey the commander, to disobey me." I growled.

"When we get back, i'm throwing you to the wolves." I pushed off and he held his wrist.

"Damn." He hissed.

I turned my attention back to the blonde girl.

"You idiots, life support on the arc is failing! They need to know that the ground is survivable and we need their help. If you take off those wristbands you're not only killing them. You're killing us!" She cried.

"We're stronger than they think. Don't listen to her, she's one of the priveledged. If they come down, she has it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm makes you a prisoner. We're not prisoners anymore! They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say you're not criminals!" Bellamy called to the crowd, his charisma getting them riled up again.

"You're fighters, you're survivors! The grounders should be afraid of us!" He crowed.

"We could wipe the dirt with that one." Kaito laughed.

"Not today." I said, my tone final.

"Where did you leave the kid?" I asked him and he grinned again.

"I strung him up for the jaguar."

~~~

Blondie, the girl they call Clarke had assembled a team of people to go and find Jasper but we were quicker and we knew where were going so we made good time. It was time to see how they could really fight. After this we would camp in the trees back where there ship was and head back to the capitol at first light.