"You seem tired."

"I am."

She crosses the room and brushes my hair back off my face.

"What're you worrying about?" she asks, sitting on the other end of the window seat.

"I don't know," I sigh, "work isn't what I thought it would be."

"Internships usually aren't," Mum says, "it'll get better."

I nod, but I don't really agree.

"You should get some sleep," Mum says, standing up and kissing me on the forehead.

After she's left the room I walk over to my desk and write. I seal the letter and go to find an owl. I watch the owl swoop away and cross my fingers for a moment.

"Please," I whisper, "please."

I wake up on Sunday morning and stretch. Fred and George don't work Sundays, so I usually get to spend the day with George, while Fred spends the day with Georgiana, however the last few weeks have been so busy we haven't had time to see each other. Usually it's a day of bumming around London, having a laugh and enjoying each other's company. Today, however, it will be different.

I got a letter back from Charlie Weasley three days after I wrote him giving me details of the man in charge of the sanctuary in Romania. I had to send him a copy of my NEWTs results as well as recommendations from Hagrid, Professor Flitwick and Luciell. After nearly two weeks I got a reply from him saying that they would be pleased to have me join their program. The program involves two years of study and experience with the option of staying on after and working.

So today I have to tell George. He's one of the last people I have to tell. I told my parents first, as I knew they'd take the longest to adjust to the news and, predictably, they did freak out that I was leaving my post at the Ministry. Angelina, Alicia and Georgiana, however, were very excited and supportive.

I crawl out of bed and dress slowly, still trying to figure out exactly what I'm going to say to George. I disapparate to the Leaky Cauldron and walk out into the Alley, nervousness building in my stomach. I meet Fred coming out of the shop as I reach it.

"How's it going?" he asks, holding the door open for me, "you look sick, are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine," I nod, breathlessly. Fred frowns, but says goodbye and heads off to meet Georgiana. I walk up the stairs and pause under the trapdoor leading up their flat. I take five deep, slow breaths, and pull the string, cause the ladder to unfold. I climb up into the small mudroom and knock on the door.

"Coming!"

I bite my lip, feeling sicker than ever. I hear footsteps rushing to the door and George flings it open.

"Babe," he pulls me into a hug, "I've missed you. Three weeks is too long!"

Great. That helps. Thanks.

I hug him tightly, then he leads me into the living room and we sit on the sofa.

"How've you been?" he asks, "you look pale. I mean, more pale than usual."

He laughs, but I look down at my knees.

"Aurelia, what's wrong?" he asks anxiously. I breathe in and look up at him.

"I have something to tell you," I say slowly, "I-I wrote to Charlie."

"That's great!" George says enthusiastically.

"He told me to write to his boss..."

"Uh huh."

"So I did..."

"And?"

"I got accepted into their program," I say. George grins and hugs me tightly.

"I'm so pleased for you," he says, "but you don't seem happy at all."

"George," I sigh, "it's a two year program. I'm going to have to live in Romania for two years."

George's face slowly falls.

"Oh," he says, "Oh, right."

He sits back, looking around, processing this information. Eventually he looks back at me.

"I'll miss you," he says softly. I feel myself tearing up.

"I don't know if I can do it," I say, "it's so far away... And for so long... What if we grow apart? What if we break up?"

"Ari," George puts and arm around my shoulders and squeezes me tight, "you can't put your life on hold because of that. We'll do our best to make it work. If it doesn't work, that'll suck, but maybe it will!"

"But you just said three weeks was too long!" I say, tears spilling over, "how often does Charlie visit you?"

"Once every... Four years?" George says, "but hey, when he was doing the program, it was a lot more often. He came home every Christmas and for a week in the summer."

"But what if-"

"Aurelia, you have to do this," he says, "you'll love it! And if you don't, you can come home and try something else. But, Aurelia, you did so many extra classes in school just because this was what you wanted to do. Don't give that up because of me."

"Okay," I whisper, "I'll try."

George kisses me on the lips.

"Good," he says, "I love you."

"I love you, too."

He smiles and holds me tightly.

"We can write love letters," he says, "and I'll come and visit."

"Promise?"

"Promise."