🍳9🍳

im sorry this took so long im dealing with mountains of end of the school year busy work and its not fun--

josh sighed contently as he stretched out on the floor. tyler poked a sliver skin that peeked out under his shirt. josh squeaked and latched onto his arm, not letting go. "take that, scrub."

"that's such an old insult, j."

"yeah, well, if you look in the dictionary, your picture can be found with the word lame, boi." tyler laughed, shaking his head.

"what am i to do you with you?" he brough josh closer to him and wrapped him into a hug. "if you look in the dictionary, your picture can be found under beautiful, cute, ethereal, alluring, kind, sweet, adorable, small, and many other synonyms to those words."

"you forgot one!"

"what word could i have possibly missed?"

"trash."

"i am done with you." josh gigled and returned the hug that tyler wouldn't release.

"hey, blue boy?" josh hummed in response. "spend the night so i can beat you in more mario kart."

"you're on, ty." tyler smiled, but was curious he didn't ask his parents. maybe he was going to in a minute, or something.

an hour passed and josh had made no move to ask his parental guardians if he could spend the night at his house. "hey, uh, aren't you going to ask the powers that be in your life if you can stay over?"

"oh, they're traveling. i'll get yelled at for asking a dumb question because they 'don't care about where i am as long as the house stays clean.'" josh mimicked his moms voice, rolling his eyes.

"that must really suck. you're welcome over here any time. my parents don't normally care when i have company over, but if i were to not tell them where i am, i would die." josh looked baffled.

"parents are supposed to care if you don't come home for days?" josh had asked the question in such a serious manner. tyler couldn't tell if he was joking, or not. "yes, they are supposed to care."

"i guess my parents just never got the memo."