🥑:5:🥑

josh began the trek back his house. no one could come and get him from the school for about another hour, so its best he just start walking now. his red hair was bouncing in and out of his vision as he walked down the street, staring at everything around him. someone was behind him. he knew because he could hear their shoes clank against the pavement slightly out of time with his.

he sped up, seeing if the footsteps would follow. they stayed at their pace, but was still walking the same way. he ruled out the footsteps' owner being a stalker or kidnapper.

"hey, i really like your hair." the voice was scratchy and slightly deep, making his heart melt. josh turned to find the one and only tyler walking beside him now.

"oh, uh, thanks." josh smiled, and placed a hand on his neck.

"sorry for bumping into you before the game. i had to give a speech to my team mates and my mom made me late because she wanted to make sure i ate beforehand."

"nah, its cool. moms can be like that sometimes, but it's also why you love 'em." josh's face was flushed slighty. he wasnt afraid to apologize to him, and he remembered who he was. this was great. "also, congratulations on winning another game. i saw you got the winning points."

"it was exhilarating. that moment of silence as the ball flies through the air and teeters on the edge of the basket. then the roar of the crowd as it goes it. it's what i live for." josh laughed softly.

"i've never seen a sport in that light before."

"really? then i need to try and teach you basketball sometime. oh, and i'm tyler by the way."

"i'll take you up on that offer, and i'm josh."