"Do you want them to follow you down here in two months because they wont if they think we're dying." She told him.

Two months. We had two months to get rid of them before the rest of them invaded. And we had to get rid of them, no way would the commander just let a whole bunch of sky people come down and take our land after they fled from it in the first place. I know the history. The stories, they abandoned the planet, the human race. And now they think they can just waltz back down and take it?

"Okay, now lets go." She finished.

They started to move out and I motioned at the others to climb down the tree. We moved quickly, darting through the forest in silence and met at the base of a tree that was far enough away that we wouldn't be heard.

"Here's what we're gonna do. I want two of you to follow them. If they're in alliance with the mountain men that could be very bad and we need to know what we're up against. But our orders are that we cannot touch them. The rest of us will continue to scout for information until you return. Clear?" I briefed them and they nodded.

"Tanner, Kaito. Go." I ordered but before they left I stopped Kaito.

"If you so much as touch one if them, your ass is the commanders." I told him and he gave me a curt nod. The rest of them looked at me for instructions.

"They haven't strayed too far from that ship of theirs so fan out, I want them surrounded. Any plans that they might have, the commander will want to know them." We sprung into action all moving as one, quickly and silently.

I chose a tree that was to the left of the Dropship. I scaled i quickly and settled into the thick, leafy branches and there with my senses on high alert I waited.

~~~

So far it had been a good two hours and all I had found out was that Gemma thought Liam was super hot.

Riveting stuff.

Although, I couldn't deny that I was fascinated by the sky people and the way they found joy in the littlest places, a meadow of flowers, a flock of swallows, the afternoon sunshine, but I would never admit it to the others.

Just when I was ready to circle up with the others and see what they'd uncovered, hushed voices caught my attention. The boy they called Wells, was limping on his ankle, collecting firewood when two boys one with a glazed 'meathead' look in his eyes and the other with a twisted smile and obvious arrogance approached him.

"Find any water yet?" The arrogant one asked.

"Nope not yet. I'm going back out if you want to come..." he trailed off and I craned my neck to see what he was looking at. Scratched into the side of the ship was,

FIRST SON
FIRST TO DYE

Oh god. Dye? They couldn't even spell, in their native language. How incompetent were these kids? The arrogant one laughed and then his faced twisted.

"You know, my father, he begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him." He spat out.

Floated? Was that some kind of punishment? Execution? I was familiar with what limited stories we had on space but I had never heard the term floated. I assumed the worst. The boy pushed past them.

"You spelt die wrong. Genius's." He said over his shoulder.

Out of the corner of my eye, the striking boy with messy dark hair approached.

"If you're gonna kill someone, it's best not to announce it." He suggested sarcastically and, absentmindedly, the corners of my mouth turned up.

"You're not really a member of the guard, are you?" The arrogant one asked.