Welcome To Mystic Falls

I am in the middle of texting a friend of mine, when the announcement comes over the speaker to let everyone on the coach know that we are approaching Mystic Falls, and we will arrive at the station in less than five minutes. I finish my text before unplugging my charger cable from the USB port between the seats in front of me and shoving it into my rucksack. We pulled into the station three minutes later. After retrieving my coat from the overhead compartment, I make my way off of the coach.

My first impression of Mystic Falls isn't great. I come from a big city in England, and the sight of this small town does not impress me. It seems to me like one of those small towns where everyone knows everyone and newcomers aren't welcome. The thought doesn't bother me, as I don't plan on staying long.

With a slight shrug of my shoulders, I make my way over to the ticket office to purchase a bus ticket to take me to the towns centre. With a twenty minute wait, I take out my journal and flip to the back and read over all the information I have gathered that would be of use to me whilst I'm here.

After a short ride, I get off the bus and glance around, spotting a small restaurant called the Mystic Grill. Feeling kinda peckish, I make my way over taking in all the names of the roads and all the peoples faces that I pass. I know exactly who I'm looking for and I'm hoping that it won't be too long before I find him.

As I step inside the Mystic Grill, I'm taken aback by how many people are actually in here. It's only midday but it's packed with people drinking and playing pool. I hate day drinkers!

I'm sitting at a booth less the two minutes before a waiter comes over to take my order. He's got blonde hair, bright blue eyes and a friendly smile. I can't help but smile back to him.

"Hey! My names Matt, are you ready to order?" He asks me, still smiling.
"Hey Matt! Could I get a cheese burger and fries, please?" I ask him.
"Of course you can. Would you like a drink with that?" He asks, whilst writing my food order down.
"Pepsi please," I tell him.
"Ok, it won't be long." He tells me as he makes his way back towards the bar.

I take in my surroundings as I wait. There are quite a few young people here, it must be a popular hang out for them when they're not in school. There is a man who looks like he is propping up the bar on the right. He's talking to Matt whilst he pours him another drink. He's got brown hair and stubble, but he looks friendly enough. I need to start asking around and see if anyone can help with my search.

Matt comes back with my order about ten minutes later.
"Thanks," I tell him as I take the dish.
"You're welcome! Is there anything else you need?" He offers.
"No thanks, I'm good."
"Enjoy you meal," he says before making his way back to the bar.

I didn't realise how hungry I was until I started eating. I thought back to when I had last ate, and was shocked when I realised it had been almost three days. My mind is set on one task and everything else doesn't seem to matter - not even my eating habits.

I was half way through my burger when I heard the man at the bar raise his voice as he welcomed his friend. The man had black hair and was wearing a black leather jacket and black jeans. I couldn't see his face. I roll my eyes as I hear him order a glass of bourbon. Tsk, another day drinker.

I don't pay anymore attention to them until I hear another man come up to them, raising his voice. He looks pissed. They exchange a few words before the other man makes to leave. He turns back and issues a warning to the leather clad man.
"You have to sort it out. I mean it Damon!"
I almost choke on my burger.

My body starts to tremble and my heart beat quickens upon hearing his name. I can't believe he is really in front of me. With my appetite gone, I step out of the booth grabbing my backpack and flinging it over my shoulder as I slowly make my way over to the bar. I have to get a look at his face.