Chapter 14 - Life's a climb, but the view's great

Start from the beginning

'Yep, Tia just had a headache. We went to get some stuff for it from our room and she feels much better now.' Alli lies.

'Are you sure you're okay? I can take you back upstairs and look after you if you like?' Cody says with a look of worry.

'Honestly, I'm fine. Now let's go swim!' I shout and run out of the room with Alli.

Cody and Greyson sprint ahead of us and take off their tops as they're running, so they just jump straight into the pool when they reach it. Alli and I take our clothes off and leave them in one of the lockers.

'Hey, Tia. Don't make it obvious when you look, but codes is totally checking you out in your bikini!' she winks.

I turn around, and as I do, he blushes and looks away quickly. He probably just got embarrassed because he was looking this way, and didn't want me to think he was checking me out because he actually wasn't. Yeah that's it. He doesn't actually like me, Alli is just being nice.

'Shut up.' I say before running and bombing into the pool.

There are a few people in the pool but they're at the other end, so we're free to do whatever we want. Alli slides into the pool carefully and swims over to us.

'Lets play the game where you get on someone's shoulders and have to push someone off!' Alli says.

'I want Tia!' Cody blurts out. 'you know, because she's stronger than you Alli, and I want to win.' he blushes and looks at his hands.

Alli smirks at me and gives me the 'I told you so' look before climbing onto Greyson's shoulders.

'Ready Tia? I'll go under the water so you can get on my shoulders more easily.'

'Yep. Let's whoop some ass!' I say.

Remember Tia, act normal.

I climb onto Cody's shoulders and he stands up. Woah, this is high! I quickly grab onto his head for balance and he holds onto my thighs so I don't fall.

Oh my god. Now that I know I fancy him, I swear I like him more and more.

'Sorry. I'm a bit uncoordinated.'

'Its fine, I've got you. Now let's go kick some...tooshy!'

I laugh at him and let go of his head so I can grab Alli's shoulders.

'Ready, steady. GO!' Cody shouts.

Alli and I grab eachothers shoulders and start pushing eachother. Like I said, I'm not very balanced so I start falling backwards. Cody tries to keep me up but we both end up falling under the water. We swim up to the surface and start laughing.

'Sorry, Cody. We'll get 'em this time.'

I climb back onto Cody's shoulders and we do the same. Only this time, I manage to stay on and the war goes on for what seems like ages. Everyone else in the pool is laughing at us now and watching us. I start to fall backwards again, but Cody keeps me up this time and somehow, I manage to push Alli off of greyson's shoulders.

'Woooo! High five Cody!'

Cody gives me an awkward high five seeing as I'm sitting on his shoulders.

'Okay, last round decides the winner.' Greyson says.

We start shoving eachother, and I think I'm getting better because I manage to push Alli off pretty quickly.

Everyone claps as Cody and I cheer for ourselves. He lifts me off of his shoulders somehow and gives me a hug. Wow, I could get used to being this close to the sacred six. ;)