Chapter 1 - New Neighbours

Tia's P.O.V

It's the summer holidays which means laying on the beach with friends, tanning, going to pool parties, having a summer fling right? Well, not in my case. I live in England, in Leicestershire to be precise and if you don't know where that is....it's no way near the beach. Sure I have fun with my friends but i've never had the perfect summer that everyone seems to have in movies.

I wake up and check my phone...20 text messages! Holy Moley! Most of them are from Cody Simpson and a few are from my best friend Kate...okay so they're not really from Cody, I wish they were. I get his tweets sent to my phone so I know exactly what he's doing all the time. I'm not a stalker, I just like him. A lot. When I've replied to Kate I get up to go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, have a wash, the usual bathroom routine. Afterwards I straighten my hair, which can I just point out, is NOT an easy task. It takes me about half an hour and by the time I'm dressed into my shorts and Tshirt, it's 10:30. I head downstairs and get some breakfast with my little sister Isabella.

'Ahh, nothing like cereal and orange juice on a nice sunny morning.' I think to myself.

'Do you want to take the dogs on a walk with me after breakfast?' asked Isabella.

'Yeah sure, go put their leads on and I'll be out in a minute.' I reply

5 minutes later and we're walking past the house whose garden backs onto ours and I realise that it's today that our neighbours move out and we'll be getting our new neighbours tomorrow. This will be our third set of new neighbours this year and I just hope that they have children around my age this time. I mean, the Johnson's are alright I guess, but hanging out with 7 and 9 year olds isn't really my thing if you know what I mean? Soon we're walking past the woods towards the park and around half an hour later, we're back home and sunbathing in the garden. We're actually having nice weather for once and soon it would be time to bring out.....THE PADDLING POOL! :D yes, I know I'm 14, but playing in a paddling pool is fun no matter how old you are ;) I get bored pretty quickly and go inside to turn my MacBook on, as soon as it loads, I log onto twitter and check my mentions. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I mean, a few people asked for a follow back but I was hoping to see that someone like Cody had tweeted me. But no, he'll never notice me. I'm reading through my timeline when my phone makes that annoying honk noise. 'Ive really got to change that' I think.

'OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD! AAAHHHH!' I scream as I finish reading the text. I'm happy dancing when my older sister Naomi walks past and asks me what the hell I'm doing. I show her the text that I just got from twitter.

'@CodySimpson: siked to be moving to England tomorrow. Gonna miss America but I'll be back to visit soon.'

'That's why you're screaming like you just won the lottery? Jesus Christ Tia, you're obsessed!' she says before she walks out, leaving me to happy dance in peace. I switch on my iPod and play some Cody Simpson and dance around my room. I'm sky high and nothing is gonna bring me down!

Except my mum. She brings me right down from the sky when she tells me to stop jumping around because from downstairs I sound like 'a herd of elephants' apparently. The rest of my day is spent fantasising over the fact that in 3 days, my bestest friend ever and I will be seeing Cody Simpson perform live! From the second row! Are you excited because I'm back on cloud nine baby!

The next day, I wake up at around 9:45 and for me, that's pretty early.

'kcxatbkvjkjhc! Oh.my.god. 2 days till I see the most amazing guy ever!' I whisper to myself. I switch on my music and head over to the bathroom. Once I'm done i straighten my hair to 'On My Mind' by Cody Simpson. Im half way through straightening my hair when mum shouts up the stairs.

'Tia! The new neighbours are at the door, they came to say hi so can you come down a minute please!'

'Can you give me 10 minutes to finish my hair and get dressed!?' I shout back down.

She shuts the stairs door so I'm guessing that's a yes? I quickly finish off my last bit of hair and throw my Cody Simpson shorts on and my white vest top and put my Cody Simpson bands on my wrists. A quick swipe of mascara and I head downstairs in record time. When I reach the door, mum tells me that they had to leave pretty quickly to finish unpacking, and that they just came to say hi because they'd heard I was around their age. FINALLY! Some kids my own age, it only took what? Four sets of new neighbours? I decide ill just take Maisie and Milo (the dogs) on a walk and say hi on my way back. Half way through our

usual walk past the woods, and I'm getting pretty hungry so I turn around and go back the way I came. When I reach the house backed onto ours, I knock on the door and wait for an answer. I can hear someone getting closer so i make sure my hair looks alright and straighten out my top. The door opens and I swear my jaw dropped to the floor. NO FREAKING WAY!

'Hi, I'm Alli. You must be Tia, our neighbour?' she smiles at me.

'err. Um...yeah. I'm Tia, I just thought I'd come and say hi real quick seeing as I was a bit busy earlier.' I stutter.

'Okay, well I should probably get back to unpacking, but I'll see you soon.'

'Yeah, bye.'

Oh my god. No, it can't be? I walk back to my house in shock.

'Hey mum! Do you know the last name of our new neighbours?' I shout out.

'No, why?' she replies, walking into the hallway where I'm glued to the ground in complete amazement.

'Because I swear, the girl looks EXACTLY like Alli Simpson, Cody Simpson's sister AND she's called Alli. I went over to say hi and she answered the door and oh my god. We might be living next door to the Simpson family!' I say without stopping to breathe.

'I doubt Cody Simpson has moved to Leicestershire Tia. But I guess we'll find out if it is really them when we go to dinner at their house tonight.'

'WHAT!? we're eating with people who might be related to Cody Freaking Simpson and you're only telling me now!? What the hell am I supposed to wear!?' I shout

'Tia, calm down. It might not even be them!'

'Okay but I still have to look as good as I possibly can just incase so I'm gonna start to get ready now.' I shout as I run upstairs.

This evening could be seriously amazing or the biggest let down of my life. I'm hoping it's the first.