43

I smiled knowing that he's coming but I'm also scared, knowing I'm in big trouble. "I thought he was busy?" My mom asked me as I finished a box. "I guess he wanted to suprise us?" I shrugged making up a lie. More like I'm dead once he gets here. The doorbell rang through my ears as my mom smiled wide.

How come she loves Hunter so much? Oh yeah cause he worked for you dad, protected you, and now you guys are dating. Stupid Tiana. My mom got up going towards the door. "My boy!" She cried hugging Hunter.

I looked away, opening another box to keep my mind busy. I looked up to see Jason and Hunter shaking hands. Don't shake his hand Hunter, I know you'll regret it later. I felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me up. I was turned around by force.

"Hey babe." Hunter smiled making eye contact with me. I knew deep down he was angry and I could see it. But he was playing along so my mom wouldn't be suspicious. I smiled back wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his cheek. "Hey." I answered.

"I'm sure Tiana will show you where you are staying." My mom interrupted, telling Hunter. I grabbed his hand. "Come on." I smiled. I looked down to see he had a small suitcase. I trailed down the hallway, all the way to the end.

I closed my door behind us, letting go of his hand. I took a deep breath, waiting to be yelled and screamed at. But nothing came. I opened my eyes to see him looking around. "So nothing?" I said.

He turned around. "So how do you know Jason?" He asked. What? That's what he wants to talk about? Not how I'm in deep trouble?

"He's an old friend." I lied. Hunter sat his things down on the bed and took a seat on the window bench in my room. I watched him carefully as he looked out the window. I'm so confused. "What about, 'Tiana! You're in so much trouble!' Or 'Why did you run off!'" I told him.

"I'm mad sure,but I don't want to yell at you." Hunter told me. "And why not?" I asked. He got up, walking closer to me. I felt his hand fall across my cheek. His eyes were dark, full of anger but also... something else. "Because I love you Tiana."