It's about to be a long day.

Max Thompson

"With that being said. Welcome to the team. I'll have my assistant call you for more offer details...." As soon as I stepped into work it's been busy. I've been running this business for almost four years and I'm still not used to the work load. Everyday isn't the same which is nice but sometimes a little repetition can be less stressful.

I was listening to the man on the phone thank me when Carmen came in the room with her eyes all wide and mouthing something. "Give me one second sir." I put him on hold. "What? I'm in the middle of a important phone call."

"Olivia is blowing up line one and she keeps asking why you haven't called her? I told her to call back in ten minutes but she keeps blowing me up. She said she won't stop til you call her. She's blocking up my line and she's making it impossible to answer calls."

"Drop the call her and don't say anything."

"But she-" I gave her a look and she left the room.

I unmuted the call and reclined back in my chair. "I'm sorry sir are you still there?... I'm sorry about that. I greatly appreciate you being interested in my company, I hope to meet with you in the near future. A young lady named Emma will contact you within the week to schedule everything with you. You have a great day sir." I hung up the phone and went out my office and next door to Carmen's. "She's still calling. Do you want me to transfer the call to your phone?" I went over to her desk and picked up the ringing phone. "No, I got it."

She better not be calling for any bullshit.

"Why are you blowing up the office phone like this?" I sat on the ege of Carmen's desk. "Because you hung up in my face last night like a fuckin jerk and then I texted you goodnight and you never responded. So I called you this morning to talk but you didn't answer those calls or messages either." Shit I must have left my phone at Tahny's house. "I must of left it at home somewhere but you need to calm down it's not that serious." I said mocking her from yesterday's conversation. "I'm working my ass off trying to pay for all this extra shit you keep buying for this wedding. So I may not answer your phone calls when you want me to because I'm working."

"So you're to busy to answer my calls?" I passed my lips before I said the first thing that came to my mind. "Listen. You keep on blowing my damn phones up and I'll make sure to put a freeze on my account. So the next time you decided to blow twenty grand on some dumb ass napkin rings that shit will be declined. You doing way to much spending for all that shit you talking, but you fail to realize that's my money. You understand me?"

Her side of the line was silent.

"That's what I thought. I'll call you when I get home. Hopefully this nasty ass high and mighty attitude will be gone by then." I hung up the phone and stood up. "You okay?" Carmen asked. "Yeah I'm cool. She just needs to remember who she's dealing with. She must of forgot I'm her fiancé or something. She been talking to me like I'm her kid or a damn dog."

I pulled down my suit jacket and adjusted my tie. "Now that that's out the way. What's next on my schedule?"

She clicked through her computer and put her finger on the screen. "You have a customer service department meeting at 11:05, which is actually in six minutes. You'll have to cut that short since you have another department meeting at 11:45 for the personal relations team. Here's the notes you wanted me to take from the last meeting. Make sure you tell them about the gift boxes for new on boarding members. They need to be sent out by this evening." I took all the binders from her and tucked them under my arm. "Then at 12:30 you have lunch with your father and your brothers." I rolled my eyes.

"Can you cancel that one?"

"Absolutely not. You cancelled on them two times in a row. You have nothing else scheduled after those meetings so you might as well meet with them." I'm not really close with my family. I wish I was but unfortunately I'm not. "Fine. But I'm not staying long." She gave me a smile. "That's all I'm asking for. Now hurry up. You have four minutes to get to the meeting."

"Thank you." I left her office and traveled across this floor to the other side of the to the conference hall where everyone was filling in. I waited patiently for everyone to get inside before making it to the head off the room and put the binders on the glass podium in front me. I'm not very good at public speaking it makes me nervous. But I can't have that fear running this company with over two thousand employees. Which three hundred of those people sat before me.

"Good afternoon everyone." The room filed with replies. "I know you all hate coming to these meetings as much as I do. But as promised every time I'll try to make them short." I opened the clear binder labeled customer service and flipped to the page with all the stats on them. "There is no bad news today so you can all relax. Phone time has been great since the last meeting last month. And I have not received any emails about service complaints." I faked coughed in my hand. "Jared." Laughing spread through the room even from him. "I won't waist your time with the other boring stuff. So I'll cut to the chase. We have recently in the past two days joined three new partners and investors into this company. Making it 46 million dollar businesses on our team. Their people will be calling none stop to recieve knew information and ask questions about meetings and what not. You must be on top of emails since I'm always sending them out to inform all of you about what's going on from myself and other departments. Got it? Now I'm ending this on high note by letting you that I'm so impressed by what you've all done... So I'm giving everyone in the customer service department three days extra vacation time."

As if immediately cheers and celebrating spread around the room. I used this as my time to exit the room to make it two floors below me for the next meeting.

--------------------------